orbxcontrolpanel.exe no longer work

ricky1088

Hi,

I turn on the computer and was about to dl my southern Alaska when I realised all Orbx region payware control panel and freeware icon turn white on my desktop.

I click and was prompt with this message:  The item 'OrbxControlPanel.exe' that this shortcut refers to

has been changed or moved,so this shortcut will no longer work properly.

Do you want to delete this shortcut? 

Over at FTX Central, I click Orbx control panels and got this message:

Error-orbxcontrolpanel.exe not found. go online to Orbx help forums

for what I know, I didn't fiddle with my system, could it be BOB which I installed to try out and there after uninstalled. I followed instruction to uninstalled BOB by the control panel, thereafter   Realise it wasn't a complete cleanout , I manually deleted BOB folder with few file in it in fsx\simobject\etc...

just a guess, though

stuck here , cannot proceed with my payware download.

help, please

ricky1088

Hi Wolter,

no joy, I just did a search , the .exe file is still  there in the orbx script folder

any further suggestion, Thanks

I suddenly remember I did deleted a pair of FTX light , day and night , I got excess in the desktop.

could that be the cause of it

Here is a long shot. It probably wont work as I have the Orbx control panel on my desk top, but when I attempt it, I get a file not found message.

Right click the white desktop Orbx control panel icon.

Choose properties from the displayed menu.

Make sure you have the "shortcut" tab showing.

Click change icon button.

Will probably get "cant find file" message, click ok.

Click browse button.

Attempt to find file or icon file for the program (Orbx may have to tell you where it is located). If unsuccessful, just cancel out of procedure.

Hi petfy

I switch on my computer and everything is back to normal with all those nice blue orbx control panel.

I am stumped as to how I got back all these working icon again.

As far as I can recall, I think your earlier suggestion cure my issue but is just a guess or wolter recommendation to

run latest scenery  library again, after I did both, I continue with net surfing for an answer, notice quiet late , well past midnight, went to bed.

And  here I came back from office, 1st thing, start the PC, surprisingly things are back to normal . can't believe my eye.    maybe a restart after the above action is needed.

Earlier on, I was thinking of other option like, system restore, uninstall and reinstall,etc...

hey, Petfy, but I did tried your 2nd suggestion, following exactly as per your crystal clear  advise up to the point , Change Icon window. in there it say: select an icon from the list below:     In there I have the  blue ORBX rectangle icon .It also show the link: ORBX\Scripts\OrbxControlPanel.exe , that confirmed I did not deleted the .exe file.

To: Petfy, thanks again for your  time, patience, straight forward instruction, I put that to record.

To: Wolter, sorry , it 's my mistake to cause you extra work, needless to say I also remember your recommendation to run the latest library files.  off to install my scenery, southern Alaska

regards... ricky1088

Archived