Tree removal

Arismac

G'day Ed and Co, what is the approved method for removing trees from the approaches these days, please. The A2A C-172 with AccuSim does not allow me to plow through the vegetation as I have been know to do with the Herc.

I know as a P3D flyer I am not supposed to be enjoying but "pull up, pull up, trees! "STALL - CRASH - BOUNCE - SPLAT". is not even educational, ::) 

I have got ADE but locating the right .BGL has me tricked. I do know how to add a CVX.bgl file into the Addon Scenery if that is what it takes.

Cheers, Mac 

G'day Ed, the approaches to YCAH, please.

I am looking at my AU SP4 installation and I did a search for "YCAH" but drew a blank. I then discovered that I could not find most airports like that. So I presume that the majority of airports are FSX/P3D default and possibly the best way to tackle the issue would be to create a CVX.bgl and introduce an "exclusion zone" that way. Then add the CVX.bgl to the Addon Scenery folder and promote it in the scenery library to the number one position. If a lot of airports need approach clearing, possible pack them all into one folder into the Addon Scenery?

Mac

Ed, the tree problem just Mushroomed. I installed FTX AU Blue prior to loading Canberra City. Trees have appeared every where including in runways and in my exclusion zones. AI traffic is appearing out of the bush at YBLA.

How do I uninstall AU Blue, please and at least put this one the back burner until P3D V2.0 appears and I can do a clean install on a new SSD.?

Mac

Mac to uninstall, first set FTX Central to Default and click Apply, then close it.

Go to your ORBX Scripts folder and delete the scenerylib_AU_Blue.cfg file and then in that same folder run FTXConfigurator.exe (silent operation).

You can then delete the FTXAU45_SCENERY, FTXAU46_SHORES, &  FTXAU48_CUSTOM folder from FTX_AU. 

Do you have any other region installed?

Many thanks Ed,

I am suspicious that it is a case of wrong install order or FTX Central in wrong space. Sorry about that.

I have FTX Global, AU SP4, FTX Blue and Canberra installed. I did ask a while back if there is any advantage to installing Blue with SP4 and you said "no". When Canberra City suggested I need Blue I installed it before Canberra.That's when the trouble arrived.

I shall follow your instructions, Thanks again.

Mac

Archived