How to re-enable FTXG lights?

Plainsman

I know you tech guys look down on non-techies, but I just don't have the training or the aptitude.  Even if I had the aptitude, I've never had the time to learn computer skills.  Anyway, I followed the expert directions on this site to remove the lights from daytime FTX Global (I play only in DX10 preview mode) so the black squares wouldn't be visible all over the landscape.  I've been waiting for the fix from "Steve" and it's finally here. I just purchased his entire DX10 Scenery fix (it fixes a whole bunch of stuff for DX10 flyers including flickering runways, rain and snow--and the FTX black squares problem). I haven't installed it yet because I have a serious question.   Do I need to go back in and turn back on whatever I turned off per instructions on this site before I install the DX10 Scenery Fix?  If so, I can't remember exactly what I turned off!!! 

Can someone refresh my memory as to what file I set to "off" so I can reverse it and then install the fix?  Wolter?  John?  Anybody?

A simple search of the forums using the keywords "dx10 FTX global lights" would have found your answer in 15 seconds.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62085-dx10-and-ftx-global-fix-being-worked-on/

Much obliged.  Sorry for being so computer illiterate.   Anyway, one question I have for you is this:  I seem to have TWO of the files:  3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.BGL   I changed one of them from off back to BGL, per your instructions.  The other file still says it's off.  Do I need the other file? Should I delete it? Should I keep it and change it to BGL too?   The other/duplicate file reads:  3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5 (2).off

Archived