FTX AU AI Update 4.1: Multiple Objects Same Title

RCFlyer

Getting "multiple objects with the same title name....FTX AI Airbus A319-100 VH-VHD SimObjects/Airplane/FTX AU Airbus A319-100" I get a similar error for several models as FSX loads. I have checked the aircraft.cfg files for several of the aircraft referenced in the errors and indeed there are aircraft in the FSX AI and FSX AU AI directories with duplicate information. Other than manually changing one of the two duplicate aircraft data, do you have a fix?

Thanks

Danny

Did you install FTX AU AI Traffic pack V4.00 first or did you install over one of the earlier versions. Version 4.00 removed all Aircraft folders starting with FTX XXXXX and replaced them with folders starting with FTX AU XXXXX. There should be 130 of these new aircraft folders. If you still have lots of FTX aircraft folders without AU or for North America, NA, then I suggest you install V4.00 and then V4.10 again. If you still have FTX aircraft folders without AU or NA in the title, just delete them and you should be fine. 

I put all my AI traffic in SimObjects\Misc rather than SimObjects\Airplanes, so had to cut all the new folders included with 4.1 and merge them into the SimObjects\Misc directory to get rid of the multiple objects message.

Had to remove FTX AU Airbus A320-100, FTX AU Airbus A320-200 and FTX AU Airbus A321-200 folders, but works a treat now, great work guys!

I put all my AI traffic in SimObjects\Misc rather than SimObjects\Airplanes, so had to cut all the new folders included with 4.1 and merge them into the SimObjects\Misc directory to get rid of the multiple objects message.

Had to remove FTX AU Airbus A320-100, FTX AU Airbus A320-200 and FTX AU Airbus A321-200 folders, but works a treat now, great work guys!

That works up to a point Andy. The clean up script for FTX AU AI traffic 4.10 also removed a couple of obsolete folders which will still be sitting in your SimObjects\Misc folder. The best way for those of you who maintain their AI aircraft in a separate folder within SimObjects is to return them to the main SimObjects\Airplanes folder prior to running the FTX AI Traffic update and then returning the updated folders back to your custom folder once the installation process has concluded. That way the clean up script with these installation packages can do as they are supposed to and give you a clean, workable set of files.

Did you install FTX AU AI Traffic pack V4.00 first or did you install over one of the earlier versions. Version 4.00 removed all Aircraft folders starting with FTX XXXXX and replaced them with folders starting with FTX AU XXXXX. There should be 130 of these new aircraft folders. If you still have lots of FTX aircraft folders without AU or for North America, NA, then I suggest you install V4.00 and then V4.10 again. If you still have FTX aircraft folders without AU or NA in the title, just delete them and you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply. I did have V4 installed and installed V4.1 updater. I checked my Simobjects/airplane directory and, indeed, I still had several files labeled FTX XXXX. I deleted them and now everything is working fine.

Thanks again for the timely support.

Regards,

Danny

Archived