Airport design editor and ORBX airports

virginblue190

Thats how I do it:  First of all I make a backup copy of my original apx file as "adx[iCAO].orig" within the orbx scenery folder. Then I modify the apx file using ADE and compile it to a newly generated scenery (which I named 'modified airports') which is located on top of my scenery.cfg (highest priority).

Works great with my installation and I have about 30 modified airports (FTampa, aerosoft, FSDT and also some from FTX). Make sure you have set a scenery insertion point in FTX center so that all orbx entries are below the 'modified airports' folder.

cheers,

Harry

Thats how I do it:  First of all I make a backup copy of my original apx file as "adx[iCAO].orig" within the orbx scenery folder. Then I modify the apx file using ADE and compile it to a newly generated scenery (which I named 'modified airports') which is located on top of my scenery.cfg (highest priority).

Works great with my installation and I have about 30 modified airports (FTampa, aerosoft, FSDT and also some from FTX). Make sure you have set a scenery insertion point in FTX center so that all orbx entries are below the 'modified airports' folder.

cheers,

Harry

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your reply.. But i have a question..

So when you compile the new edited apx file of say YBBN, do yiu compile it to your scenery.cfg file??

Sorry just a little confused

Archived