Have you NZNI airstips installed in Plan-G?

JimNZ

Hello All.

I have posted this in the Plan-G forum but to date have not received any worthwhile replies. NZSI strips have installed into Plan-G without problems but I'm having trouble getting NZNI strips installed. If anyone has completed this I would like to know how it was done as the NZNI strips did not come with the software like NZSI ( refer General discussion, Ryan Mason) and had to be installed seperately.

Any help much appreciated.

Jim.

Hello All.

I have posted this in the Plan-G forum but to date have not received any worthwhile replies. NZSI strips have installed into Plan-G without problems but I'm having trouble getting NZNI strips installed. If anyone has completed this I would like to know how it was done as the NZNI strips did not come with the software like NZSI ( refer General discussion, Ryan Mason) and had to be installed seperately.

Any help much appreciated.

Jim.

Hi Jim

I'm in the process of creating a csv file for NZNI strips. I wouldn't be surprised if Harald Klose and Dieter Linde are currently working on a similar project as they have provided several excellent such files via the Ozx forums.

Before releasing my completed effort however I want to run a list of several strips past someone else as I have unearthed a few anomalies in the exercise.

I am working with Plan-G  v2.5 which I know is no longer supported. Whether this is creating my problems or I have a corrupt download of the NZNI zip file, I need to establish first.

Cheers mate

Alan

Brisbane but born in NZ.

Thanks Alan.

I will keep an eye on how you and the other two gentlemen make out. Here's hoping anyway.

After the first America's Cup,race this morning, it's not Aussie's we like to beat, it's those nasty Americans. Fancy postponing a race when we are nearly 2 miles in front, and only need this one race to take the regatta and the Cup!!!

Jim.

As far as I am aware you don't install them in PlanG,  You install your scenery Airports in FSX and then run the Database update or build tool in Plan G to generate the latest list of NavAid and Airfields, Remember that Plan G is noting more than a Navigation Planner and is only as good as the Database of information it has. 

As far as I am aware you don't install them in PlanG,  You install your scenery Airports in FSX and then run the Database update or build tool in Plan G to generate the latest list of NavAid and Airfields, Remember that Plan G is noting more than a Navigation Planner and is only as good as the Database of information it has. 

I think you might be right Maurice - unfortunately my dedicated P3D installation didn't do that or I wouldn't be slaving over a hot mouse for hours when I could be flying ... ::)

Cheers - alank

Perhaps the Database from Plan G is exportable i a format that P3D will understand.

No, that is not possible!

There are different kinds of files that can be used for PlanG tool:

-PlanG_FSX  files

These are AFCAD-coded bgl-files, which include the necessary informations  to put airport markers on PlanG map.

(AFCAD is an acronym for the design program named "Aircraft Facilities Computer Aided Design.")

These bgl-files are automatically read when you run PlanG "Build Database". In this case FSX is scanned for applicable bgl-files.

The provided "NZNI Airstrips.BGL" does not put markers for unlisted strips on PlanG map! You "only" have AFCAD codes in FSX.

- UserWaypoints files

These are markings on PlanG map that every user can create himself.

These files are csv-files (comma-separated values, text file)

Google for further explanations.

These cvs-files must be imported to PlanG via "Manage User Waypoints"

These files cannot be transfered into a FSX/P3D readable bgl-file.

Also see posting #4, which is a correct answer.

P.S.

If you are interested in my PlanG files for NZSI you can download them here:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/2356-nzsi-plang-data-files/

Hey guys, the issue is simply the file naming convention. Plan-G skips over files it doesn't recognise as afcad bgls (stems back to the days of slow PCs, & probably isn't really necessary nowadays) So if the filename starts with ap, or contains afx, afd, ade, apx (aargh! autocorrect!!!) etc, it'll pick it up. There's a fix in the next update. (but if you want to see them in PG2, you'll have to rename the file)

Archived