NZQN question

ETOPS3 TTV

Hello,

First let me say I just love NZQN.... I hope that you follow up with NZCH & NZWH. Secondly, you all need to quit releasing all these awesome products... I am going to start forwarding my phone number to you John, so the banks can complain to the source of all the activity...

Here is the issue I am having with NZQN. I am guessing its a setting issue with-in my system but never seen this before. In the picture below, you can see how the texture has a layered clarity effect. As I move closer, it clears up as I move away it gets blurry again...? Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

WR9bZ.jpg

Hmmm, well this happens for the whole runway. On approach you could see it slowly move away from my approaching aircraft. I am guessing its something simple like another AFCAD or setting. I am often wrong when I assume things with FSX :) lol  I am sure they will sort it out soon or recommend something that fixes the issue....

The blurry textures are due to your graphics card settings which will sharpen things up. The tips and techniques forum have recommended card settings

Not the case here though. I know of one user that has graphics turned up pretty high and has no issues anywhere else. He sees exactly what is seen by the OP.

On my system (similar spec), I have weird popping through problems, where the runways keep re-drawing themselves often before settling down. I never get the blurries, but I definitely see odd behaviour - which looks like an old photoreal vs objects problem seen with some freeware sceneries I've played with in the past.

Adam.

FWIW :

I noticed exactly the same problem as first reported by Will : blurry runway textures that became clearer as I got closer.  My PC has a video adapter with an AMD Radeon HD 7700 series chipset.  After reading Martin's reply I checked out the pinned thread "Optimal settings for ATI users with FSX - Great Results!" in the Tips & Techniques forum.  Modified the video adapter settings through the AMD VISION Engine Control Center - making sure the FSX settings were as recommended too - and problem fixed, runway textures now sharp all the way along 8).

Been out of flight-simming for a year or so.  I recently got a new PC and bought Orbx Queenstown and the A2A 172 to celebrate (btw Adam thanks for the great repaint of ZK-TAQ  - do you take other repaint requests?!).

I am also have the same issues as the OP and other here with blurry runways for both runways (main and GA).  I will have a fiddle around with my settings and see whether I can get rid of them but most of my sliders are to the far right.  I will also check out Martins vid settings but I don't have blurrys anywhere else.

On another issue - nothing major (and the Orbx static and Ai aircraft are very good) but please note the aircraft with ZK-R.. are reserved for autogyros (I noticed a Cessna Caravan and something else at NZQN had ZK-R.. regs) and ZK-H.. and ZK-I are for helicopters I noticed a couple of Robinsons that had aircraft regos.  Small issue and probably not worth fixing but maybe worth noting since everything else seems accurate to the last blade of grass. :smile:

Other than that, an excellent airport - will be my NZSI "base"...been hanging out for a Queenstown since I moved from FS9 to FSX....Milford Sound will be next!

btw Adam thanks for the great repaint of ZK-TAQ  - do you take other repaint requests?

Hi Naki - long time no hear!

ZK-TAQ was a "lazy" one to do - as the stripes at least were default Cessna. I did a bit of a photo-shoot at Ardmore and covered a few more C172Rs but I think I like those curves better than some of the more geometric designs I saw there.

What do you have in mind? The only thing I refuse to do is to have anything to do with that disgusting new ANZ black scheme. The TEAL blue/green suits New Zealand's countryside so well ... and looks w-a-y better in FSX screenshots ;)

Adam.

EDIT: If some enterprising person creates an alternative sets of static aircraft, I'd be all ears!

Guys it's not your specs or fsx settings that will fix the blurry texture, it's you video card settings. We have had the same issues cropped up since YMML first came out and the answer is always video card settings.

I have a pretty good system and use Inspector to tune my video card, the problem is my seething might not work for your system, but I general I have followed Walters settings which he has posted numerous times.

I don't have the blurries not did any of our beta testers,which means its local settings on your systems rather than the runway design.

The Tips such as http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/63692-ni-inspector/?hl=nvidia might help.

Guys it's not your specs or fsx settings that will fix the blurry texture, it's you video card settings. We have had the same issues cropped up since YMML first came out and the answer is always video card settings.

I have a pretty good system and use Inspector to tune my video card, the problem is my seething might not work for your system, but I general I have followed Walters settings which he has posted numerous times.

I don't have the blurries not did any of our beta testers,which means its local settings on your systems rather than the runway design.

The Tips such as http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/63692-ni-inspector/?hl=nvidia might help.

I have the runways at NZQN redrawing every time I bring them back into view. This happens no where else in the sim. This is unique to QN for me.

I have the runways at NZQN redrawing every time I bring them back into view. This happens no where else in the sim. This is unique to QN for me.

I get this quite badly too - and also don't see it anywhere else. I think it's to do with the fact that it sits on a (pretty large) photo-real tile.

I wonder - are there any other ORBX airports (either in NZ or elsewhere) that are overlaid over a PR tile in a similar way yet work OK?

Adam.

Thanks Martin ....the Nvidia Inspector with tweaks as suggested has got rid of most blurring - there is still a very small amount of blur but nothing worth worrying about....I also get the redrawing issue as above posters though but will live it with for now.

Adam - I don't have the redrawing issue you mention in other Orbx airports although I only have the airports in my sig.

Hello all, 

Well I have unfortunately had to do a complete re-install due to a ASUS MB problem (3rd time). I now have switched to MSI and she is performing well... Just need to figure out how to over clock this board. Anyways I still have the same issue with NZQN not sure why its the only airport I have this issue at... Anyways hopefully someone will provide a patch or work around. Not a deal breaker at all but just an annoyance. I love NZ since I spent my honeymoon there  Hope you all are doing well....! 

I am actually away for the next few weeks, so I can't help with setup suggestions at this time. Sorry guys but you'll just have to be patient until it get back home.

I have the runways at NZQN redrawing every time I bring them back into view. This happens no where else in the sim. This is unique to QN for me.

The redraw is a separate issue to blurry textures and not related to setup which I will try to improve when I do the patch later this year.

I am actually away for the next few weeks, so I can't help with setup suggestions at this time. Sorry guys but you'll just have to be patient until it get back home.

The redraw is a separate issue to blurry textures and not related to setup which I will try to improve when I do the patch later this year.

Good on yer, Martin. I'm sure you've earned your break! Holidaying in Queenstown by any chance? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adam.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Any news for a fix? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

When can we expect a patch? Been nearly a year.

Is ORBX doing *any* work on any of the NZ sceneries?

I see plenty of activity in the US, PNG etc. but suspect NZ is simply not a priority :(

Also - I have floating houses etc. around NZQN and in NZNI around NZNE. These don't require a major re-write, Shirley?

Adam.

• 2 months later...

Is ORBX doing *any* work on any of the NZ sceneries?

I see plenty of activity in the US, PNG etc. but suspect NZ is simply not a priority :(

Also - I have floating houses etc. around NZQN and in NZNI around NZNE. These don't require a major re-write, Shirley?

Adam.

I find myself having to reload terrain every time I fly to NZQN (floating houses & runway bleed through) and floating houses in the city of Auckland. I also get floating houses in the PNW. This is a terrain problem that needs to be addressed by our great FTX team.

Archived