Green airport pads in deserts with FTX Global. Fix coming?

Matt McGee

Since it has been five days with no answer from the payware support forum....??

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/64260-progress-update-on-globals-green-airport-pads/

Could we please have an estimate of when FTX Global's green airport pads at desert/arid airports will be fixed?

Default FSX had both green and tan airport pads according to local vegetation.  Why does FTX Global only have green?

Thanks,
Matt

To be honest this how default FSX behaves but it is an issue that has us perplexed because if we change the underlay colour for different climates it adversely affects airports in wet climates too. We will be able to specifically add the right underlays for our openLC series where we have finite control over each climatic region.

The green pad is default.

I do not own FTXG yet (limited funds & limited SSD space), and this is the default FSX "OKAS" with no other addons.

jJfIi.jpg

Interesting, this is my OKAS from a clean install of FSX (installed today on my laptop).

Gm4oz.jpg

Either I am missing something or you've got something extra??

I looked at my default KLAS and KLSV, both are completely tan.

To be honest this how default FSX behaves but it is an issue that has us perplexed because if we change the underlay colour for different climates it adversely affects airports in wet climates too. We will be able to specifically add the right underlays for our openLC series where we have finite control over each climatic region.

Hello JV,

So openLC will be able to blend the airport pads with the Global land texture around it?

I'm still confused by why all the pads changed to green with FTX Global.  I agree that I don't want tan pads in wet areas though.

Global makes the rest of the world look so much better that the green desert pads just look awful.

I've already been looking forward to openLC.  I'll just avoid the deserts until then :)

Thanks,

Matt

Interesting, this is my OKAS from a clean install of FSX (installed today on my laptop).

Gm4oz.jpg

Either I am missing something or you've got something extra??

I looked at my default KLAS and KLSV, both are completely tan.

Absolutely no idea why mine is green or why there are taxiways, etc....... :blink:

I have nothing whatsoever installed for that region.

I have FSX Gold edition with - ORBX Regions/Airports - Rex Essentials OD - FSGenesis - Tons of other addons but nothing else concerning Terrain/LC/Airports/Textures...etc.

As far as I know that region is FSX Default only....

I do not own FTXG! Now i am wondering why i'm not getting tan pads??? Just don't get it!

Absolutely no idea why mine is green or why there are taxiways, etc....... :blink:

I have nothing whatsoever installed for that region.

I have FSX Gold edition with - ORBX Regions/Airports - Rex Essentials OD - FSGenesis - Tons of other addons but nothing else concerning Terrain/LC/Airports/Textures...etc.

As far as I know that region is FSX Default only....

All that beside the point...... I do not own FTXG!

I've no idea where your green pad or taxiways are from.  I wouldn't mind more detailed taxiways :)

I installed FSX + Accelleration on my laptop today.  Nothing else.

Are all your desert or arid airports green without FTX Global installed?

I just check my default KLAS, KLSV, & KMWH.  None have green pads.

This is what I have for those ICAO

The last one is ORBX Central Rocky Mountains... So no green pad here !! :) :) :)

Don't know???  Maybe somethings wrong with my install...

OK this is interesting!

jhuntphx, your KLAS (& KLVS) airport and pad looks just like mine (shot below), except I have FTX Global installed and you do not.

JV,

If jhuntphx does not have FTX Global installed, some other Orbx product or library file must effect the airport pad color!  NOT Global :)

Thoughts??  My Orbx products are in my signature.  I also have REX, but no other mesh/landclass/scenery products.

wUOn.jpg

It may have something to do with REX and the chosen Taxiway/Runway textures. Not sure.

Doesn't bother me though, I only fly in Full FTX Regions.

And when I do get around to upgrading to FTXG - JV has already covered that..

" We will be able to specifically add the right underlays for our openLC series where we have finite control over each climatic region."

NO WORRIES!! :) :) ;)

It may have something to do with REX and the chosen Taxiway/Runway textures. Not sure.

Anyone out there without REX and FTX Global, who has green airport pads in tan terrain?  Is this a REX induced problem and NOT an Orbx one?

This does not answer the issue at hand but I wanted to share with you some attributes that go into making runways. Information that may not answer but rather help you understand things may be more complicated than meets the eye.

http://iblueyonder.com/ground-poly-tutorial/

Thanks chik.  I saw the runway layers, but the link to the tutorial is dead.  

I do understand that FSX is an outdated program that developers are stuck with.  I'm impressed by what Orbx has accomplished and not surprised that there are sometimes issues.

I'd still like to find a solution to green airport pads in tan terrain.  They look terrible.  Especially when compared to how good FTX Global makes the rest of the FSX world look.

This issue will be resolved when the openLC packs are released. There is no quick solution in the meantime although we are discussing it between Eugene and Holger. Sorry we don't have better news.

Thanks JV.  I do plan on buying openLC.

I understand there isn't currently a fix, but have you identified the cause?

I've had Orbx regions and REX for ages and hadn't noticed the issue.  Though I admit to doing most of my flying within Orbx regions.  (Can you blame me?  They look fantastic!)

I thought Global was the culprit since I noticed the green pads after I installed it.

You have my apology for blaming FTX Global if it isn't the cause.  (jhuntphx seems to have the issue without Global installed.)

Archived