FTX blocking AI installation

psk2449

I have an excellent airfield of Cranwell RAF academy and tried to add an AI  package that goes with it to find that FTX is blocking it with a line in FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery which disables all non FTX AI files. Has FTX obtained a monopoly on uk airports? How can I load my AI files?

I36fu.jpg

Your Cranwell AI traffic file would be the "RAF Kingairs" one showing in your folder, right? You are referring to the ACG freeware Cranwell?

The Kingairs can be a little reluctant to show sometimes, I found! I'd once forgotten about them altogether, until they suddenly popped out of the ether after I installed the Waddington Vulcans. I never did get my head around that one!

Maybe try and put the RAF Kingairs traffic file into the scenery folder of Cranwell itself, see if that works. I tend to do that with "era specific ai" anyway, so it can be unclicked from the menu together with the airfield.

Hi psk2449

I assume that you have downloaded the King Airs file from the ACG website.

There is included with this download a manual and I would point you to the section dealing with "viewing the aircraft".

I had problems as well until I read this part of the manual and all became clear.

Best of luck, it's worth it

Kind regards

JFS

I'm not sure I follow your logic in this post. The file you refer to is the FSX default AI traffic only which is disabled in the FTX AI Traffic control panel. It does not disable 'all non FTX AI files' as you suggest but just the FSX default AI traffic. If you prefer to have the FSX default AI traffic active when flying outside Australia, just select it in the control panel and all should be fine.

Re the Cranwell RAF academy, the MAIW Tornado AI traffic files you have installed are all FS9 traffic files and as such will suppress all FSX traffic files on your system. Perhaps if you disable those files, all you FSX ones, including the Cranwell King Airs, will work as they should.

I also note you still have some of the airport specific AI traffic files for Australia active, ie. Launceston, Tamworth, Warnervale etc. and it was suggested in the User Guide that these be disabled when the all embracing FTX AI Traffic file is installed. Perhaps a review of the FTX AI Traffic User Guide would be warranted.

Archived