Missing Grass PAJN

Bushhog

Beautiful scenery. But I seem to be missing some grass. It appears in the parking lot area and in between the GA parking spots but not elsewhere as depicted in the promo pics. I've read through the manual and adjusted my settings accordingly. Checked all the tic marks in the PAJN control panel. I do have SAK installed along with the latest library. I also notice some bushes in the grass in front of the terminal building from the promo pics that I can't seem to display. Never had an issue with an Orbx product before, what am I doing wrong?

Forgot to add my order number. FSS0233131

-Bob

Hi Wolter, thanks for the quick response. I must be missing something very basic here. If by Orbx folder you mean (on my computer)...

E:\Mircosoft Flight Simulator X\

ORBX\

FTX_NA\

FTX_AA_PAJN\

Scenery\

ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll

There is no option to run as administrator when right clicking on this file. I run the entire computer as administrator. I'm not getting any popup asking whether or not to allow Objectflow.

Thanks for any additional assistance.

-Bob

Thanks again for the quick response Wolter. Indeed, ModuleInstaller. exe was not running in administrator mode. According to Microsoft just because you're running as administrator does not give you administration rights for system files. I'm probably the last person on earth to realize that. So I changed it. But no change with the grass at PAJN. Restarted Windows and FSX, no change. Reran the moduleinstaller, no change. Reloaded PAJN and now not only do I not have the grass but I'm getting the elevation issues others have reported. Again, I must me missing something very simple.

Regards,

Bob

I've tried everything I can think of to get the grass to show up and still no luck. Everything else in the PAJN control panel works fine, it turns on and off the static 737, people flow and static aircraft. But it does nothing with the grass. Here is what I'm seeing. A comparison between the promo pic and what I'm seeing in my sim. Anyone else having this issue?

Near the approach end of runway 8.

Promo pic...

ZPajnGrass.jpg

What I'm getting...

ZPajnNoGrass.jpg

really stumped as I have the grass all over the place, see attached screenie

post-152-0-92873300-1379099895_thumb.jpg

please try and add the attached dds files to your PAJN Texture folder, see if that brings any improvement, also try and untick all boxes in the PAJN CP and have a flight around, close fsX and then tick all 4 boxes close FTX Central and have another go

pajn_grass.zip

Tried the textures Wolter, plus unticking and reticking the control panel boxes with flights in between, all to no avail. Just emailed someone else who has the scenery and asked him to take a look in this area and he's also missing his grass. Hopefully he'll chime in with his details. I'm at a loss.

I sure did Wolter, scenery library is up to date.

Here's an interesting development. I can uncheck all 4 boxes in the PAJN control panel one at a time, then recheck all 4 boxes one at a time starting FSX between each check/uncheck mark. 3 of the 4 boxes will cause a "building new scenery database" when FSX is started. Checking or unchecking the "grass" box does not cause the "building new database" message to appear when starting FSX. Does that help any?

Russ is away at the moment, so I'll see if I can help.

In your ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery folder look for:

PAJN_PLC_grassextra_ObjectFlow_PAJN.xml

PAJN_PLC_grasstaxi_ObjectFlow_PAJN.xml

When active in the ControlPanel, check that the extension for the above 2 files is set to .xml

If so, then the issue is the ObjectFlow dll. Do you recall getting a security warning message when you first ran FSX after installing PAJN? They would of looked like this:

post-650-0-58168800-1379113844_thumb.jpgpost-650-0-14391600-1379113867_thumb.jpg

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the assistance. Yes, both file types have an .xml extension as do the properties of both files. No, I did not get that warning when I first ran PAJN far as I can remember. Everything being run as administrator. I have reloaded the scenery several times and downloaded the file again from the Flightsimstore all to no avail.

Love that grass, sure hope I can get it to work.

-Bob

Hi Ed,

Yes, I do get that screen. If I click "install" it says it's replacing the dll.xml entry with one of the same.

The person I mentioned above as also having this problem reloaded his scenery, then selected scenery mesh to that dictated in the instructions (5m I believe) and said his is now working. Both of those I've done or checked numerous times. I really appreciate you taking the time to work through this but I'm getting the feeling I'm the only one with this problem. It's becoming apparent that this has nothing to do with Orbx and has everything to do with something odd on my computer. Short of me buying you a plane ticket to come here and fix my computer I'm not sure where else to go I've tried so many different things. Orbx products are so amazingly reliable, never before have I had an issue. It has to be on my end, but what in the world could it be?

Still, that grass. Such a tasty detail...keeps me fighting for a solution. :)

OK, we'll get there eventually. I am concerned that you are not seeing the security pop-up question when you run FSX.

Are you able to navigate and find your way to the fsx.cfg and dll.xml files? They are located in \Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder. Typing %appdata% in the Start Search box will get you

there.

Let me know once you have located them. You can view the contents of the files with notepad. In your dll.xml you should see this entry:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

The path might be different as it will reflect your setup.

Also, looking in your fsx,cfg file look for the [Trusted] section for a similar entry to this:

The bold section will be different in your file.

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll.lckquokiroizhiihiqruhlahlbhqqhiaubcibozk=1

Check for those entries and will take it from there.

Hi Ed,

Again, thanks for the continued support. I have no Orbx entries under the trusted section of my fsx.cfg file. Here is the complete contents of my dll.xml file...

Launch dll.xml False False ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll False False E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll  ObjectFlow_SAK.dll False False E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\ObjectFlow_SAK.dll  ObjectFlow_cen4.dll False False E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEN4\Scenery\ObjectFlow_cen4.dll  ObjectFlow_cej4.dll False False E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEJ4\scenery\ObjectFlow_cej4.dll  Object Placement Tool True False ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll  Traffic Toolbox True False ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll  Visual Effects Tool True False ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll  A2A Service False A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll module_init module_deinit 

-Bob

Hi Bob,

please paste the following line in your fsX.cfg under the trusted section => E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll.bnqakhlibcrlzcitltwcaoqznwekaezetbwaebit=1

lemme know if it brings any, don;t forget to safe the fsX.cfg before exiting

Hi Bob,

does the ObjectFlow work for you at CEN4 & CEJ4? Basically its the trees changing in winter. 

Also, does your dll.xml file have these type of tags?  <Launch.Addon> </Launch.Addon> <Path> </Path>

What you pasted before of your dll.xml, did you do any editing to it?

Hi Ed,

Right now those trees are a wonderful fall color. When I switch to winter they're bare of leaves and snow covered.

I'm dll.xml ignorant therefore I haven't touched a thing. All I did was copy and paste it in that post. There are no <Launch Addon> commands anywhere in the file.

Thanks,

Bob

I'm sorry Ed, my mistake. The dll.xml opened automatically wilth IE and wasn't displaying correctly. I changed it to open with notepad. This is what it looks like...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Path>E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_SAK.dll</Name>
        <Path>E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\ObjectFlow_SAK.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_cen4.dll</Name>
        <Path>E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEN4\Scenery\ObjectFlow_cen4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_cej4.dll</Name>
        <Path>E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEJ4\scenery\ObjectFlow_cej4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
        <Disabled>True</Disabled>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>A2A Service</Name>
        <Path>A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 737 Sound</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\737\cs.sound.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
    <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I see a pair of doubled up </Launch.Addon> end tags right after the A2A_Service.dll entry, see below highlighted in red:

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Path>E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\ObjectFlow_SAK.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Path>E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEN4\Scenery\ObjectFlow_cen4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Path>E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEJ4\scenery\ObjectFlow_cej4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>A2A Service</Name>
    </Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Can you open that back up in Notepad, remove those two lines, save, and then try it gain? Fingers crossed! :)

Jim

Hello Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Sir are a Steely Eyed Missle Man. That was indeed the problem. SOLVED.

I can't thank Orbx enough for this incredible level of support. Obviously this was a one person one computer issue and I'm amazed that you all stuck this out to the finish, truly above and beyond!

Thanks Wolter, Ed and Jim for your perseverance. And of course for your world class products.

Best Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Now that the problem is fixed and are more than likely having an enormous amount of fun exploring PAJN and surrounds, maybe you're even laying in the virtual long grass beside the runway, you might also consider how to correct one other issue seen in your dll.xml file.

Perhaps your dll.xml problems began with the SDK modules installation,

object_placement.dll

traffictoolbox.dll

visualfxtool.dll

Are you seeing a menu SDK  'Tools' in your FSX Menu Bar.

I see that you have 'True' instead of 'False' for <disabled> entries, maybe that's where you picked up those extra </Launch.Addon> tags. If you wish for these tools to show in your FSX Menu, these should read 'False', you might also check that the Paths are pointing to the correct locations for these SDK modules.

(Here is what my entries for the SDK look like) yours will point to the Drive & Path unique to your installation.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Path>G:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Path>G:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Path>G:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

You should also check to see if you have entries for these modules in your FSX.cfg  [Trusted]  section. If you enable the disabled entries in the dll.xml to read 'False', ensuring the paths are correct, then run FSX these should be added to the [Trusted] section by the dll.xml. 

When they are added they should also have  =1 at the end to be active within FSX.

(These are the entries for SDK in my FSX.cfg) yours will be unique to your installation Drive & Path.

G:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll.wkezzitwabaerqwnkleozbahkoulnbirzknetkik=1
G:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll.ouzthlhwlzrbhhauhttbrcocnlalbterlzitoizb=1 

G:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll.kzqnuilztqoktwiithuhqhthztkancalaiqblaah=1

Cheers Jeff

+100 for the Orbx team you guys are awesome.

See entries in RED below. 

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Disabled>True</Disabled>      Change this to False
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>Check this path entry points to the location of the module
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>Check this path entry points to the location of the module
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> Check this path entry points to the location of the module
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>A2A Service</Name>
    </Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Hi Jeff,

I do not have the "Tools" menu in my menu bar. I do not have the FSX SDK installed unless I thouught at some time in the past that i needed those modules to get something to run. I'm going to backup my dll.xml again and try your suggestions. Thanks for the heads up.

-Bob

Hi Bob,

I think you should start a new thread for this FSX SDK issue, just to keep this Thread clear of other issues not necessarily related to the original Grass not showing at PAJN.  Possibly in (tips and tricks) or (General discussion) section.

I'm not surprised you have no 'Tools' menu in FSX the 'True' settings in the dll.xml make that a certainty.

The only reason I mentioned the SDK was because I was trying to discover a reason for the extra </Launch.Addon> tags, it looked like an incomplete .xml modification or some manual edit incorrectly applied, having a kind of knock on effect. These things can have an effect later on when installers need to make automated modifications in files such as dll.xml.

The dll.xml info you posted does indicate that you had tried at some stage previously to install the SDK, which failed to complete. You cannot just put the parameters in the dll.xml without installing the FSX SDK program, it just doesn't work that way.  

I would be happy to assist if needed, only not here but in a new thread as suggested above. 

Cheers Jeff

Archived