YBBN Low Frame Rate Problem

Brenchen

Hi,

To be honest I haven't used many ORBX sceneries apart from the freeware.  And I don't regularly fly to those locations.  But knowing ORBX's superiority in scenery creation, I bought YBBN (being my home airport).

One thing I noticed (and particularly obvious with the PMDG 777 and NGX) was the significant drop in FPS within the vicinity of the aerodrome.  I've looked around, played with different tweaks and settings that came with the control panel, tried day-night switching, to no avail.  Frame rate did not alter or fluctuate more than 1FPS.

The system I'm running:

• FSX Settings - Almost maxed out
  • Applied Kostas' tweaks
  • Running REX textures (no weather engine for the test)
  • Tried Sweetfx on and off
  • ORBX YBBN v1.21
  • PMDG 777 with default performance settings (in case you were wondering what I'm talking about, look here)
  • CPU - i5 3570K Water cooled 4.8GHz stable
  • GFX - NVidia GTX580
  • RAM - G.Skill 8GB 2400MHz
  • MB - R.O.G Maximus 5 Gene

Thanks for the advices in advance!

Brendan

I am not an expert on computer specs but I will say this, even with your specs this airport is very hard on performance in fact it is next to Melbourne for the worst performance that I have with all my FTX addons excepting maybe Anacortes.

This is a big airport there are tons of objects....usually the bigger they are the harder they impact frames.  I have to shut down lots of stuff using the control panel and set my sliders back to get suitable performance.  Flying the heavies as you mention will also have a big impact on ability to get adaquate frames at this airport. 

Try adjustments to control complexity and sim setting complexity to see what if any impacts it might have on your flying experience at this airport.

ORBX YBBN is an intensly FPS hog. I doubt that even a super PC could run it with both FSX sliders and YBBN control panel sliders in their upper settings.

The slow FPS you are experiencing are normal, particularly with a PMDG. I suggest you decrease the FSX sliders, and YBBN control panel settings until you get an acceptable FPS.

Also, nearby scenery items will slow it further, so if you have ORBX freeware Redcliff, or have GA at Archerfield, remove them.

Basically the only ORBX I have installed is YBBN, I've used the other freeware before but not on this install (hadn't need to use it yet).  So it shouldn't be anything to drag it down.

I fly out of YAMB often in real life (when I was actually flying), so really YBAF, YRED and YAMB are the desirable aerodromes to have installed.  Having heard you said that it will further reduce your performance, I think I will hold off installing or flying around there...

So from your information, there isn't any thing I can do to tweak the scenery or the FS that will give me a significant FPS increase?  I am sitting on 17-20 on the ground, sometimes lower...  I was able to maintain steady 28-30 on ground FlyTampa Dubai.

Hi there Brenchen.I am also a brissy boy so have flown in and out of FTX Brisbane a lot in all sorts of aircraft including the iFly 737

The airport and surrounds are fantastic..even got 2 gateway bridges !!...but the FPS hit is and has always been massive.

What Petfy says is exactly correct.

You need to be extremely flexible with your settings and get your sliders way to the left of max..the scenery will still look great.

This is one of the first airports the orbx guys did,so I guess we are looking at some outdated code..but it's still a beauty

So adjust your sliders and enjoy..we are lucky we have our home town in such detail

Cheers stu

Archived