NZMF aircarft floats above runway

john5370

Hi John - me again ;)

Another one of my sorry-if-I-sound-dense-questions: do you actually have NZ South Island installed and running? Something doesn't look right in your second-to-last picture.

(But I'm sure that one of the NZ devs will get in on this presently)

Cheers

Mallard

Very strange!

To me it looks like you may have a conflicting APX file for NZMF in your installation.

Do a search of your FSX folder for 'NZMF'

3fCTR.jpg

Only these 8 files should show up. Please post a shot up of your findings and we will see if anything needs removing.

cheers

Hi John,

Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping a topic. We can't always answer at lightning speed :)

I personally don't know what would be causing something like this, maybe it's a good idea to reinstall NZMF and the latest libs (don't install the NZSI patch again)

If that doesn't work then maybe someone else will have a better clue.

John,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, It definitely sounds like there is something going on with the elevation. I don't know if you have tried any of the following, but even if you have, please try it again, ensuring that you follow each step to the letter. I've attached screenshots to help.

Starting from scratch, please follow this troubleshooting list:

Click on the attached screenshots to expand as necessary.

A. Verify your FSX Scenery Mesh setting is set to 5M. If not, this should solve your issue.

post-3247-0-54135500-1379641587_thumb.jp

B. Verify Scenery Library Insertion of FTX Products:

post-3247-0-75537400-1379641586_thumb.pnpost-3247-0-72753300-1379641786_thumb.jp

C. Complete uninstall and reinstall:

1. Delete the FTX_AA_NZMF folder located in \Orbx\FTX_NZ\ post-3247-0-27297700-1379642177_thumb.jp
  2. Delete the NZMF scripts located in \Orbx\Scripts\ post-3247-0-99520900-1379642204_thumb.jp
  3. Right-Click and "Run As Administrator" FTXConfigurator.exe post-3247-0-34317600-1379642244_thumb.jp
  4. Load up FSX and verify that NZMF is default from NZSI
  5. Install Orbx FTX NZMF, ensuring that you run the setup executable with "Run As Administrator"
  6. Open FTX Central and cycle it from Oceania to Default, then back to Oceania
  7. Verify the Scenery Library Insertion is correct (like in step B above)
  8. Run FSX and check for correct functionality

Let us know how it works! 

Archived