North America Landclass

JPL19

I have installed the FTX Global 1.1 patch, but, for me there are some issues in Arizona that I run across right off the bat.  First, the entire town of Sedona AZ is gone.  The airport is still there, but all indications of a town/city are missing.  Secondly, the red rocks of the Sedona area are gone.  Lastly, the city of Flagstaff has turned into an "default squarish" city, rather than a blended/ integrated area.

I can de-activate the LC Scenery folder and get back everything but the red rocks, and still no green desert, but, in doing that what will I be missing?  I see there is a significant texture folder attached to the OLC_NA1 folder.  Also, is this something that can be addressed or will at least be improved upon when you get to the North American LC as a release?

Here is Sedona w/ OLC_NA1:

Screenshot9220_zpsd336e480.png

Sedona with OLC_NA1 deactivated

Screenshot3304_zpse9cca1a2.png

Flagstaff with OLC_NA1

Screenshot8407_zpsb793d6f5.png

Flagstaff without:

Screenshot7551_zpsc835ce0a.png

Alternately, if someone is seeing different, ideas on how to fix at my end appreciated.

I get something completely different. I don't have any other scenery addons.  The townsite of Sedona doesn't exist having the LC on or off.

2013-9-6_11-22-18-639.png2013-9-6_11-23-5-555.png

. I checked with an F12 view and there is some differences with it on or off.Notactivated.pngActivated.png

When you download FTX Global were you supposed to add the Library as well?

Hi Folks,

It so happens I did Sedona, KSEZ as one of my second group of  FTX Global airports.  I'd not noticed there was no town as I was concentrating on the airport, however....it was an easy matter to add the town in.  I'll send Ed my updated KSEZ, with town,  to replace the files that are waiting for beta testing.  It's a work around until our FTX Global LC product comes out.

Cheers Neil

Hello Everyone,

Along the same kind of issue. I no longer see the town around Eagle Colorado (KEGE) since installing the FTX Global 1.10 patch. A favorite destination of mine. Hopeful of a fix soon?

Thank you for all the hard work...love FTX Global!

Best,

Robert

FSS0222350

You must install the latest library last.   I had all the same problems and the cure was nearly instantaneous with the library.

Also, I find UTX outstanding, until FTX LC comes out.   UTX is landclass (also with vector LC which gives us roads rivers and coastlines.  As landclass it calls up the correct Global texture as needed.  If a town is defined in UTX landclass, it will call up the necessary textures.

(I locate UTX below all FSX regions for the USA and Europe in the Scenery Library, and check hybrid so I can fly seamlessly from one to the other).

If you have UTX I found that if the squares and pillowy textures occurred in spite of the above Global tasks, re-validate UTX using the built in Setup tool.  That caught me too.

My next intention is to get some really good mesh to place beneath it all, but it must have an ability to correct the elevation faults around airports (because of bad errors in FSX and P3D).  I am still looking.

I live just outside of Prescott Az.& I also get the same scenery display as Joe l in Sedona,(&surrounding areas around Kprc) haven't tried Flagstaff yet.I get the scenery back by de-activating the lc scenery in both N/A & Ftx global I even added the latest library but nothing changes.I am sure this will be rectified as John V mentioned (under investigation).Just adding my information on this topic.

Ron

Archived