ORBX!OPENLC_XXX correct locations?

Timmy74

Hi Guys,

Since installing FTX Global Patch 1.10 I can not seem to understand where the "ORBX!OPENLC_XXX" entries should be in my scenery library entries?

Could some one please let me know where they should be placed, how to put them there through FTX central insertion points and how to keep them there? 

I had the understanding that they should be at the bottom of ALL FTX entries with ORBX!OPENLC_BASE the final entry.....  Every time I try to put them there -through FTX central insertion points- my OZx and other third party addons get messed up.   When I place them manually -through "SETTINGS-SCENERY LIBRARY" in FSX- the next time I reload they are placed back at the top of my FTX entries.......

So confused?????

Could someone post a "Step-by-step" instruction on how they get theirs to work in FTX Central insertion points tool please.

Kind regards.

Tim...

• 3 months later...

Not too many volunteers working on New Year's eve, eh?

At the bottom of the link:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70902-ftx-global-priority-in-scenery-library/

you can see where the instaler put the files on my FSX. Without messing with them manualy. Seems to work just fine...

Thank you very much Vlad.

Happy New Year!!

Kind regards.

Tim...

I had the understanding that they should be at the bottom of ALL FTX entries with ORBX!OPENLC_BASE the final entry.....  Every time I try to put them there -through FTX central insertion points- my OZx and other third party addons get messed up.   When I place them manually -through "SETTINGS-SCENERY LIBRARY" in FSX- the next time I reload they are placed back at the top of my FTX entries.......

Correct

All you need to do to lock the OpenLC entries in place is to set up an 'Insertion point' within FTXcentral, if you are running Acceleration the insertion point you need is 'Edwards_AFB'

Then from within FSX scenery library you just place the OpenLC below 'Edwards_AFB', and move anything that must be above FTX (Ozx, other 3rd party etc) to the top of the scenery library

It should now stick

Any other LC products you have should go above those OpenLC entries (Orbx regions/scenerytech etc)

Cheers

Tim

Correct

All you need to do to lock the OpenLC entries in place is to set up an 'Insertion point' within FTXcentral, if you are running Acceleration the insertion point you need is 'Edwards_AFB'

Then from within FSX scenery library you just place the OpenLC below 'Edwards_AFB', and move anything that must be above FTX (Ozx, other 3rd party etc) to the top of the scenery library

It should now stick

Any other LC products you have should go above those OpenLC entries (Orbx regions/scenerytech etc)

Cheers

Tim

Mmmmmm........... ???

Thank you Tim.   I will give it a crack!!

Could there be an answer to all of these "Vector" issues within where one has "OpenLC" set in their library settings?  That is if the OpenLC is above all other FTX entries could that be causing some issues with their Vector results?

Happy New Year and kind regards.

Tim...

If OpenLC is placed above the FTX regions, then yes it will play havoc with the FTX-region scenery (only in FTX region areas of course)

Sorry Tim to bug you again but please let me get this right.....

My insertion points for "ORBX!OPENLCXXXXX should be as follows in my scenery library.

FTX_NZSI_08_CUSTOM

Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority

Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority

Edwards_AFB

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROUPE1

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROUPE8

ORBX!OPENLC_ERROUPE9

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

Berlin

Longleat

Is this correct?

Kind regards.

Tim...

Awesome!!

Thanks again.  

Tim...

p.s. PNG is fantastic with Vector!  All the river systems are where they should be and the coast lines are superb!  Just still a couple of airstrips with elevation issues (was the same in default) but a quick play with AFX/ADE will sort that out.

Tim,

Why is it that every time FTX Central is changed from one area (Global to Oceana or North America) the LC files move from below the FTX entries back to the top of all the ORBX/FTX entries?  As a RTMM user I set an insertion point for ORBX/FTX below all my RTMM files which keeps RTMM above FTX/ORBX as required by RTMM scenery.  Even manually moving the LC files below ORBX/FTX they will always be above when changing scenery areas with FTX Central.  I had it working once but can't get it to stay anymore.

Heya Spud

Try setting the FTXcentral insertion point as 'Edwards_AFB'

Fire up FSX, head into the scenery library, move the stuff you want above FTX...above, and the stuff you want below... put it below 'Edwards_AFB'

This works at my end OK

Tim,

Why is it that every time FTX Central is changed from one area (Global to Oceana or North America) the LC files move from below the FTX entries back to the top of all the ORBX/FTX entries?  As a RTMM user I set an insertion point for ORBX/FTX below all my RTMM files which keeps RTMM above FTX/ORBX as required by RTMM scenery.  Even manually moving the LC files below ORBX/FTX they will always be above when changing scenery areas with FTX Central.  I had it working once but can't get it to stay anymore.

Hi Spud and Happy New Year!

It was my understanding (which is 88% wrong, 99% of the time), that you only need to set FTX-Central to "Global" and tick the "Hybrid" box, thus not ever needing to change regions again?   So once you have the "ORBX!OPENLC_XXX" files sitting where you want them (below FTX) you will never see them move again because of the "Hybrid" function.....?

But like I said.....  I could have a huge miss understanding of how FTX-Central works.....   LOL!!

Cheers.

Tim...

You can just set FTXcentral to [Global - with Hybrid mode] and forget about it

Though setting to the correct region will show the FTX regions 100% as they were intended, its mostly the custom autogen that you miss in Global-hybrid

Tim and Tim74,

I'm aware of using the 'hybrid' mode and most of the time I do, but, there are times that I want to check on something or compare one against the other.  This, of course, will make the LC files move to the top of FTX/ORBX entries in my FSX Library.

I'll try your suggestion Tim but I did have it working using the insertion points in Central but the two separate entries one for FTX and the other for OZx have me confused.

Well I set FTX to Edwards_AFB but the only way I could get the LC to stay below OZx and FTX was to move it below Edwards_AFB.  So is it alright to have Edwards between the ORBX/FTX files and the ORBX!OPENLC files?  I was trying to keep them all together but the LC keeps jumping to the top when switching regions in Central.

Yes that is fine Spud, Edwards_AFB is just a simple standard airport scenery, and it matters not if LC is below it

I dont use Ozx in my system (lack of freetime) but I recall for the Ozx insertion point you choose the top FTX entry? in other words..'order it to sit above all FTX'

Thanks Tim,

I thought that would be the case but always nice to be certain.  I use the first FTX/ORBX file as the OZx insertion point so it sits directly above those files as you recommend.

It is so nice to be sure it is all 'present and correct'.

Archived