FTX Global Sea ?

tonibamestre

Momo, I apologize for asking stupid things but doesn't an addon like REX already allow for various types of tropical water textures? As for a general way of influencing the water 'movement' (it's shader stuff), I could also recommend FS Water Configurator which is freeware. It may not achieve the dynamic water Toni had in mind but you can adjust almost everything, for example the reflection.

All of the above should be perfectly compatible with Orbx titles. Actually, it may complement them beautifully. :)

Momo, I apologize for asking stupid things but doesn't an addon like REX already allow for various types of tropical water textures? As for a general way of influencing the water 'movement' (it's shader stuff), I could also recommend FS Water Configurator which is freeware. It may not achieve the dynamic water Toni had in mind but you can adjust almost everything, for example the reflection.

All of the above should be perfectly compatible with Orbx titles. Actually, it may complement them beautifully. :)

Hi CoolP

You are absolutely correct!! I like REX..but the only down side is that ones you select a tropical water texture and you make a flight from Florida to Puerto Rico it will be the same water texture throughout the whole fight....Bummer!!

REX Tropical Waters.

cGwvg.png

C57Kn.png

Freeware, by Striking Software PW Sceneries Photoreefs

gyDxH.png

SGz7O.png

Orbx FTX ...This is how i want FSX Tropical Waters to look like

zUhPf.jpg

spzH.jpg

p9e7C.jpg

86JxV.jpg

HBW3.jpg

KMHu.jpg

GYSTJ.jpg

cZorB.jpg

wisJ8.jpg

Hi guys,

What you are looking at are specific photoreal water imagery which we have placed under the water at certain airport sceneries. This is not something which you could apply on a global scale because it would take vast amounts of GBs of photoreal imagery and dozens of man years of work to do it, and even then the source imagery may not be available.

So we have no plans to make a global water product, sorry to dampen your enthusiasm.

Hi all, don't forget FS WATER CONFIGURATOR on the same website : http://www.strikingsoftware.com/downloads.shtml

But please, just imagine that to create textures (we're talking here about thousands...) that match exactly with the coasts (thousands and thousands kilometers/miles for each country with an access to the sea), and to have the same quality that a payware scenery (like Cairns or Port Macquarie), there just need about 10 or 20 years !  

Just creating a scenery like Cairns takes a year and a half to a team - or to a good lonesome developper. The sea, textures + coast rework + transparency + elevation should took months to equal this quality and only on a limited area.

For the world, please multiplicate this year by the number of coast to treat ;)  

Archived