Slow loading terrain, Black/Blue Layers

nekos13

7YXtS.jpg

Hey could anyone help me.

I have YBBN and AU Gold.

Terrain takes its time to load, as shown in the link,

then comes normal unless i change my view again.

only deems to happen around YBBN

Taxi ways and runways sometimes appear white.

comp specs are:

i7 @ 4.6ghz

1800mhz 16gb corsair ram

Asus GTX 770

Order Number: 215082

The Flightsim Store

Thankyou

Seems like you have tweaked the config with the bufferpool tweak, and YBBN is a very FPS consuming area so you actually push the limits with your settings for this area, and the result is those black squares because your system is overloaded.

You could try to disable some stuff in the control panel for YBBN or lower other settings. YBBN is actually the worst Orbx airport performance vice, I had to disable almost everything in the control panel to be able to get the NGX in there without those black squares and slow terrain loading...

The black squares is the minus side using the bufferpool tweak, but the performance boost I think ways up for it and I have balanced the settings so I rarely see them and when they pop up it only lasts a second and I can live with that.

Thanks for the quick response

Flying the NGX around YBBN has the same affect as any other aircraft

But in saying that when I get anywhere near YBBN my FPS drop to around half of set FPS, seems fair that YBBN is pulling them down

I do have the bufferpools tweak on

Looks like ill have to drop the settings right off for YBBN

Do you have Orbx global yet? I'm afraid ill get the same scenario 

Thankyou

I don't think a region product is even vaguely comparable to a high detail international airport, so FTXGlobal is more likely to be comparable to the FPS you get in default FSX or indeed FTX regions, not a high-def airport addon.

Terrain artefacts are a VERY common side-effect of bufferpools tweaking, particularly too aggressive a setting.  In the case of YBBN, you are pushing FSX to the max in terms of memory utilisation, so you can expect the cracks to show if all is not 100% stable.

I assume that you have the HIMEMFIX = 1 line somewhere in your fsx.cfg ?  If not, I would highly suggest it.

The best cfg still IMO, is a clean config, with only the HIMEMFIX = 1 line.  Stable, even performance, and no artefacts, at least on my computer   ;)  Give it a try.

The best cfg still IMO, is a clean config, with only the HIMEMFIX = 1 line.  Stable, even performance, and no artefacts, at least on my computer   ;)  Give it a try.

I hear you guys keep saying that, but if I use a clean config with only highmemfix I get terrible performance, stutters, low FPS etc etc and I have to use much lower settings to even get it to run acceptable.(Im very picky when it comes to performance and Im only satisfied if I can run it as smooth as MS Flight, with extreme autogen when flying GA).

Affinetymask, bufferpool and FFTF tweaks I find essential to get FSX running acceptable. I only get those black squares in 1 out of 10 flights and that's only when flying in the most demanding areas and it only last a second, but that is better than running FSX like a slideshow ::)

I get these black squares with photoscenery mostly, and very rarely within Orbx regions. Not sure why photoscenery is so sensitive to BP tweaks. I do not own Brisbane, but it looks to me like photoscenery is used on the ground.

btw...The only tweaks I am using are BP=0, AF=84 (HT enabled), FFTF=.15, LOD=6.5.

Changed my ground surface textures in YBBN control panel from FSX Ground Poly to Photo Real Ground Textures

I have gained a huge increase in preformance!

To me the texture quality has stayed the same

FPS has increased and no more missing Textures

Thanks Guys.

Archived