Since installing FTXG I keep getting this...

cvearl

rightclick your main fsX folder

select properties

un-tick the "read only" check mark

hit Apply

it will start doing some stuff,

when that's done run FTX Central again and see if the problem persists 

OK. I tried this although I had a bad feeling about it (I do know about folder and file properties and attributes). Of course it completed no problem as expected. And yes you are right I have been able to switch modes without seeing that error. At least 3 tests back and fourth.

Problem created by this?

ENB series has stopped working for me now. I get a FATAL ERROR which I did not just before changing the entire FSX folder and contents to NOT READ ONLY. Damn damn damn damn damn damn!!!!

And I doubt I can easily go back to original attributes.

Anyone have any ideas? ENB was too valuable to lose.

Charles.

And I just checked FTXG mode in CYYC area and it's a mess now. Wow. This really blows. This is not how this looked when I first tested FTXG and now a lot of my scenery is blurrtastic.

Don't worry about trouble shooting further. I am starting over. I will completely uninstall FSX and delete all the folders and begin again. I know "working through it" will probably fix it but by that time I will have installed it all again.

/sigh

Charles.

And just tried to go back to NA mode and it got the error again... So it did not fix that.

Ah well. Crap. Uninstall.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\restore.bat' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
   at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
   at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.CopyBuildRestoreBat()
   at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.ApplyRegionChanges()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FTXCentral
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3.6
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3.6
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
f48elst2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
zsknn-zm

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

If you're going to nuke & pave I'd suggest installing FSX into a folder outside of Program Files (x86) next time as that's likely the cause of the "access denied" error.

Jim

I was going to and forgot. It's back in the old spot again. LOL

Although I was one of those lucky guys that FSX was always great for me. It was not until FTXG I ever got that kind of error. Then I pulled that Read Only stunt and splat.

Well she's reinstalled now and I am in the process of adding my regions all back in.

Might hold off a while on FTXG until I know what is going on with uninstall update.

Charles.

This is  kind of a worst case scenario. If run into it, there is no way out.. But there are somerthreads with informations to solve it. One was to set FtX Central.exe as admin and also keep it excluded from AV activitity. After a complete (image) reinstall i recognized this to work. Never happened again.

Harry

This is  kind of a worst case scenario. If run into it, there is no way out.. But there are somerthreads with informations to solve it. One was to set FtX Central.exe as admin and also keep it excluded from AV activitity. After a complete (image) reinstall i recognized this to work. Never happened again.

Harry

Yup. Good there. Truth is ... Well... This was all my fault. Arrrggggg...... I just realized I left RadeonPro running in the background and it does not work with ENB Series. Not just FSX but ever. RadeonPro requires hooks in D3D9.DLL and wont share it with ENB. I had a file that renamed when I wanted to go from DX10 to 9 where it deactivated RP and renamed the DLL in FSX root... Ahhhh it's a long story. I was switching between modes and got distracted. Then I did the read only thing to the root and assumed the error was somehow a result of that.

Really I have most everything reinstalled and nice and clean and have not gotten the error so it is nice getting a cleaned up install anyway. I have been experimenting a lot and beta testing. It was time for a clean up. Too many planes and sceneries and plug ins I never use anyway.

Now she's nice and clean.

Charles.

rightclick your main fsX folder

select properties

un-tick the "read only" check mark

hit Apply

it will start doing some stuff,

when that's done run FTX Central again and see if the problem persists 

This was not the cause of my FATAL ERROR... I was.

Ah well. Clean install complete.

Thanks for your help. It was me being stupid all along.

Charles.

I've had the exact same problem with FTXCentral for months: Access denied to restore.bat. Yes, everything's installed in the default location, but identifying that as the problem I don't think is acceptable for a payware product. If having FSX installed in a different location than default is a requirement, then that should be stated. Who wants to spend hours re-installing everything? Not me. 

The restore.bat file appears to be created by FTX Central itself, when switching areas. Gentlemen, may I suggest that rather than launch a batch file, you save the "restore" file list in a text file and manage it directly from your .Net program. You'll have a lot more control and will be able to recover from exceptions gracefully, rather than let the app crash.

I'll check with Adrian who codes the FTXCentral.exe app to see if we can change the way the restore works.

Thanks John. The temporary restore file need not be stored in the program files path either - place it in one of the system temp folders that have no permission restrictions.

Archived