Jeff's Round the World with ORBX (005 & 006)

jpreou

Leg5 - Coff's Harbour to Taroom via Inglewood

Leaving Coff's Harbour

kzlu.jpg

Wouldn't be too many places to set down, so I climbed up to 5500ft

aos3.jpg

That 'bare' patch is supposed to be Inglewood; never been there, so perhaps it is accurate?!

opr8.jpg

Land getting flatter with more fields

0olt.jpg

Brief stopover point here at Taroom; not much here, but I have arranged for a small fuel top up to be available even though in the RV I probably don't really *need* it.

v6uf.jpg

I taxi to the apron and park up so I can stretch my legs a bit.

2rk7.jpg

Next ... onward to Hughenden.

Leg 6 - Tarrom to Hughenden

Leaving Taroom

oh0n.jpg

Cruising over the vast Australian outback!

Surprisingly a lot of trees; I thought it was all really bare red earth and such.

Maybe that is in a different area; I'm still in north-ish Queensland here.

en9q.jpg

Hmm, this looks a little nasty. It was getting bumpy too, so I climbed to 9500ft to try to get over this and find some clean air. It was ok for about twenty minutes and then it

got so bad I had to descend again. Actually, I had the 'aircraft stress' option enabled and so the aircraft 'crashed' numerous times as the airframe overstressed at a ridiculously low limit. My logbook now looks like spagetti code with all the 'half-entries' thrown at it! I've disabled that option now.

fqtr.jpg

On finals into Hugdenden; there's absolutely nothing here; no buildings or anything - just fuel. Ripe for the ORBX treatment, methinks.

Or maybe it does actually look like that!

zmwb.jpg

Touchdown :)

8uzw.jpg

Fueled back up (phew; 'cos it was getting into the red!) and parked up alongside the other planes on the apron.

m1fi.jpg

Pics in Aus are getting a little boring; its very 'samey'. Still won't last forever!

I now have a 1m x 0.6m laminated world map pinned to my wall by my cockpit and as I fly I mark my progress with whiteboard pen. Haven't gone that far yet, but it'll be interesting to look at the map and see where I've and then plan where I'm going next. I don't have an overall game plan here; I'm just making it up as I go along :)

Thanks for looking.

Great trip so far Jeff , but the boy's in Aussie might take issue with the "samey" comment . 8) 8)

Possibly Brad, but I say what I see! I guess in such a slow a/c in such a vast country it will appear that way. :wacko:

I'm plotting my route on my world map and despite several hours of flying I'm only half way to the top of Aus!

On the return trip (months from now) I've been thinking about coming in from the North and heading around the southern coast; that would take a while!

It's kinda cool being able to glance up at my wall map and think about where I might go :)

Archived