American Southwest FTXG & XCLASS landclass

ShawnG

Ok, I don't usually fly the American Southwest,  but it does bug me that there are some areas where Global isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I was just looking around my scenery collection today and realized I hadn't installed my XCLASS landclass in a while.  So I thought I would give it a try to see if it does a better job in the southwest than Default/Scenery Tech does.  Green deserts are still to be found in small doses, and I only spot checked a few locations,  but overall it seems to do a pretty good job.  One thing I noticed that was better, the mountains and rocks do not seem to have the greenish texture applied,  that's mostly to be found in the valleys, which is more realistic.

addons:  XCLASS US,  UTX, FTXG

I use sweetfx for enhancement, but I only modified the bloom amounts from default (to make them less bloomy)

It's been a while since I bought xclass, but IIRC they are sold through FSDT somehow and I think they are 10 bucks each

VEGAS

Rrm06.jpg

X1poq.jpg

LoyUe.jpg

PHOENIX

BHxrz.jpg

6qEyl.jpg

fO3eA.jpg

MESA AZ

rVAs0.jpg

K7Lyh.jpg

nZTa.jpg

Out In the West Texas town of EL PASO (you're gonna start singing the song now, I know it)

MtGCQ.jpg

WzBmI.jpg

NlAS0.jpg

lZoRa.jpg

Standard disclaimer: large scale landclass products are hit or miss (until OpenLC is released), they look good in one area, look like ass in another,  this is no different, that's why I have several!   I will not take screenshots of the Grand Canyon*, but I will potentially honor other screenshot requests if they don't get out of hand, and I have time.  (I'm still flying around the world too, and I have a wife and kid)

*Grand Canyon:  God/Allah/Odin/Zeus/Mother Nature did not spend untold millions of years coaxing the Colorado river into creating one of Earths most beautiful places so that you could attempt to portray it with ANY sort of generic texture set.  you should have some respect for yourself and your fellow man and download the OZx photoreal Grand Canyon, or another similar freeware or payware product. 

Thank You

your cooperation is mandatory

:)

Archived