New nvidia Beta Driver 180.84

Iain Emms

Could not see any improvements with this, Thats not to say other people wont but did nothing for me that i could see ive gone back to the 180.48 that i already had but these things are worth giving a go one day Nvidia will crack it.

cheers

Iain.

I have finished testing it as well, and here is how it went on my system:

With D3D9, FPS went down some, noticable, but not real bad....

With D3D10, FPS went WAY up! Very noticable...

Maybe a move by nVidia towards improving D3D10 and leaving D3D9 behind??? I don't know.....

Anyhow, those are the results on my system....

This is a beta driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series desktop GPUs. Dont forget it might improve things then again it might not but i will be giving it a go just to see if anything works better.Its your own choice if you try it or not.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk

cheers

Iain.

This is a Vista driver.  Not for XP

• 1 month later...

If I install the latest driver 181.22 --- as Iain mentioned it may or may not improve performance .

If it does anything strange . Then how do I uninstall it and revert to the previous situation ?

Graeme

G'day Graeme,

Just the same as how you installed the newie. Select 'Uninstall a program' in the Control Panel, Then select "nvidia drivers"  - you may get a dialogue box giving a choice of nvidia progs - select nvidia drivers if you do; or you may use a proprietry uninstaller. Restart your computer and run your previous or chosen old drivers by double clicking on the file and following the Wizard which will install and ask you about an immediate restart.

BTW, on installing 181.22 on one of my computers it reset the nvidia control panel back to global defaults which ran perfectly without any further adjustments, so I installed it on my other computer as well with similar results, such that I was able to uninstall 'nHancer'. Time will tell, but thus far the 181.22 appears quite OK on my machinery.  ;)

HU on sim crash to black screen.

Everything working perfectly then installed "Just Flight" de Haviland Mosquito on FSX. First flight plus 3 minutes sim froze - no response with Ctl-alt-del, sound 'motorboating', no response to reboot so switched off. This is the first such 'final' response on this particular computer which is three months old. On restarting (start windows in normal mode) I uninstalled the Mosquito, but sim would not switch views from VC to spot etc. Deleted FSX.cfg, but there was no improvement in view switching - still froze on one view even though everything else was happening normally.

Uninstalled GTX280 drivers (181.22) and reinstalled them which fixed it up. Running smoothly again - no Mosquito - fingers crossed. Even so my feeling is this is an aircraft compatability problem, not necessarily a driver issue - there is a warning on the packet that there may be issues with this model - how many of us are successfully running the Just Flight FSX Mosquito on Vista Ultimate 64 bit? ;)

Archived