FTX Installation Problem - Help Please?

dougal

After a fresh Windows7 and FSX installation, I now have an issue after installing all my FTX products...

When I launch FTX Central, I get the following error message FOUR times before it launches:

'Terrain.cfg has no [LandClasses] section'

Also, when FTX-C does launch, I get TWO entries for FTX Global

Any ideas?

hi dougal,

you most likely installed older FTX sceneries after you had installed FTX Global,

the solution is to run the latest ORBXLIBS 130723 file again available on the support page

Thanks for the quick reply.  Will try as you suggest.

ok, could you please cycle FTX Central and hit apply on both counts to see if that fixes the issue

Tried that without success.  I also see I've got trees and buildings (autogen) in the ocean.  Are the two problems related?

OK, let's get a few things straight first

the scenery looks OK when in FTX Global hybrid mode, correct ?

when switching FTX Central it asks for the terrain.cfg, correct ?

when you installed my terrain.cfg it was OK

but when you switched the ocean turned to ground, correct ?

I'm just trying to get a line in to this, if I'm wrong please correct me, but please make it a chronological list so I can try and understand what is hapenning there at your end

I think you were correct that I installed older FTX products AFTER installing FTX Global.  This gave me double entries for FTX Global on the FTX Central screen, and also multiple error messages as listed above.  Installing the ORBXLIBS 130723 corrected the double entry of FTX Global, and your terrain.cfg corrected the multiple error messages AND the missplaced autogen.

Only now I have 'SOME' land where ocean should be.  Will TRY to get a screen shot.... This is with 'FTX Global' selected

ZOi0.th.jpg

Hi Phil,

if you own any of the Ultimate Terrain X add-ons you need to run their Setup tools, in the respective \Flight One Software\UT... folders, to have their custom terrain.cfg entries re-inserted. Simply starting each UTSetup.exe in turn (if you have more than one of their products) and then shutting them down again once the initial check-up messages have completed, will do the trick.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Phil,

if you own any of the Ultimate Terrain X add-ons you need to run their Setup tools, in the respective \Flight One Software\UT... folders, to have their custom terrain.cfg entries re-inserted. Simply starting each UTSetup.exe in turn (if you have more than one of their products) and then shutting them down again once the initial check-up messages have completed, will do the trick.

Cheers, Holger

Spot on Holger.  Many thanks for the brilliant support from you both, once again received here.  Please consider this resolved;-))))

Archived