FTX Global question (hybrid mode)

BrzI

I am wondering what exactly is the difference between running ftx global with and without hybrid switch turned on.

My layman's thinking is that if you turn hybrid mode on you will lose some of the detail that you would otherwise have when flying in previously installed regional packs.

What is the reasoning behind having (or not having) that switch in place ?

I am scared of losing the detail in my existing regions if I turn hybrid on.....

Thanks

Think of it in 3 brackets:

*Default FSX*

FTXglobal Hybrid [unticked] = FSX default with the global textures

*Middle ground*

FTXglobal Hybrid [Ticked] = FSX default with the global textures AND all your full-fat FTXregions active at the same time, but some small compromises with autogen trees

*Full custom region*

Oceania/Europe/North America = normal setting for your full-fat FTXregions, proper custom autogen trees, and everything working 100% as intended for the chosen region

Nothing to be worried about, the choice is yours, if you're flying almost always in a non-FTXregion area then select FTXglobal-hybrid unticked, sometimes one or the other select FTXglobal-hybrid ticked, or only within an FTXregion select the correct region

So the compromise is only in custom autogen trees ?

Nothing else ?

Thanks

btw...I never receive notifications for followed topics on this forum. Works fine when I follow topics on AVSIM. !?

Archived