P3D -> FTX Global - Thank You! and few questions to Orbx Devs

Airwolf

Hi Orbx Team,

Thank You for creating FTX Global.  This is absolutely stunning product.  The new textures is just simply fantastic.  In the next few days I will post few P3D tweaks and believe me there are few tweaks/quirks of P3D v1.4.  Eyefinity/Triple screen users will really enjoy it.

I am able to run complex aircraft (QW-146 etc), weather, traffic AI, autogen at Dense, spanned over 3 monitors with resolution 5760x1200 - with FPS locked at 20 (I have gone higher), with pretty much all scenery sliders to the right with VAS being down (key in P3D) and it runs pretty much flawlessly.  This is just simply amazing and that too on a i5-750 (oced to 4.1ghz) box!!!  I just can't do vector lights it does bring fps down (super excited about 1.1 patch).

Bottom Line - FTX Global rocks, and is one of the best software purchases that I have done in a long time.  Simply awesome.

Thank You Orbx.

Now few general questions

1) I am not able to achieve these good rates with this Dense/Normal autogen in PNW (in PNW, the P3D VAS is jumping up quite fast with normal autogen), but will the new upcoming FTX Regions be more smooth due to newer code?

2) Talking about FTX Regions - which current product can give me smooth rates like FTX Global (Yes, I know ftx global is texture replacement program, ftx region are specialized).

3) Will the new upcoming FTX Regions support the 3D-Lighting system ? (not talking about vector lights, but those 3d lights on the streets),as it works super good on my wide screen resolution

Thank you for your time,

-a

Yes we will apply the new lighting to the older regions, that's a project happening later in 2013/early 2014.

Yes Hybrid mode preserves the airport elevation adjustments

Yes the vector roads tick box for NA is bugged, will be fixed in a patch, although they presently default on being on I believe.

Archived