SAK Summit Lake 52Z Problems

bernief

Hi all

I flew from Anchorage to Summit Lake Seaplane Base 52Z today and as I can in for a landing towards the south, I observed a number of buildings in the centre of the lake. I landed to the right of the buildings and taxied back towards the buildings. I noticed that they were indeed in the middle of the lake.

tvRIy.jpg

Whist the jetties and boats are not out of place in the water, their location in the middle of the lake is certainly not correct.

rRhF.jpg

I checked the Google Earth image for the lake and could only find a few buildings in the north western corner of the lake.

As I was coming into land I spotted a fishing boat high and dry on land. So I taxied over to have a look. I think the skipper of the boat would be very upset that he can't go fishing.

1ctp2.jpg

I then looked around for somewhere to tie up my Beaver floatplane and spotted a jetty right down to the south eastern end of the lake. When I got there I noticed that there was no infrastructure in the area, no roads, no sheds or buildings for shelter, just lots of trees.

kTvQB.jpg

Are other people seeing these things? If so can we get the developers to make the changes so that the area is more true to life and include the revised file in a future patch. I have SAK active, nothing else except some Return to Misty Mornings files. I don't know of any RTMM file covering this area.

Cheers

Bernie F.

RTMM has Summit Lake Resort Scenery for 52Z. Your scenery library may be in the wrong order or something wrong with the RTMM scenery install. With my RTMM scenery for 52Z it looks like Tim's photo shown above.

Cheers,

Lazyeight

Hi all

I have deactivated SAK in FTX Central and this is the result (I had saved the flight Wolter).

knSO0.jpg

I then deactivated RTMM in my scenery library and the same result. It is not the RTMM scenery as I checked and that is in the PJF area (Thanks lazyeight). Also Summit Lodge in RTMM does not look like this scenery.

I think it must be for the default, I will investigate further. Thanks to all.

Mark this resolved.

Cheers

Bernie F

Hi all

I have found the problem. It is some add-on scenery provided with the Lionheart Creations Piper Pacer. Eventually I deactivated LHC_Alaska in my Addon Scenery folder and it disappeared. Then went searching all my FSX Scenery data files but could not find anything with LHC in it. So I went to my FSX Aircraft folder and found the LHC_Super_Pacer. Then read the manual and there it was on pages 30 to 32. It was developed for those that "do not own any of the famous ORBX scenery". So, once again it is a case of not reading the flaming manual!

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Cheers

Bernie F.

Archived