Land & water issues in Ftx global

RonF

Hi,

I was flying in & around Monterey Ca. & I saw as I neared the airport that there was no ocean, just more land in place of the ocean. I had Ftx global checked in hybrid mode at the time. I went back into ftx central & checked North America & everything was okay after that including the same great scenery.I have Utx USA,Canada,Alaska & Europe& in the scenery library they occupy the first 15 or so slots followed by the other airports & scenery entrys. I not sure how to correct this if it is indeed incorrect.

THANKS

Ron

Hi Ron,

run the UTX Setup Tool -- \Flight One Software\UTUsaFsx\UtSetup.exe -- and it'll reinsert any missing terrain.cfg entries. Do the same for the other UTX products as well; just starting the tool and letting it check the terrain.cfg will do the job.

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

Okay I went back into Ftx central & clicked on ftx global hybrid mode & all is well now the oceans show up where it is supposed to be. I read in another post about going into ftx central & reselecting the desired area to be active & it worked just fine. This is a great product, I had GEX prior to this & really enjoyed it but I find Ftx global far superior to it . The sim seems to run a lot smoother & the visuals are absolutely fabulous, great product guys!

Ron Frayne

Hi Ron,

run the UTX Setup Tool -- \Flight One Software\UTUsaFsx\UtSetup.exe -- and it'll reinsert any missing terrain.cfg entries. Do the same for the other UTX products as well; just starting the tool and letting it check the terrain.cfg will do the job.

Cheers, Holger

I had a few options turned off using the UTX Setup Tool but I also turned UTX entries on and off using the FSX Scenery Library. After installing FTXG I had similar problems as the OP. The only way to solve it was to turn off a few UTX entries in the Scenery Library but obviously that wasn't what I wanted. Running the UTX Setup Tool didn't help here.

I then deleted all the UTX entries from the Scenery Library and ran the UTX Setup Tool again. This solved the problem. Apparently some UTX entries were corrupted somehow and only adding them completely new did the trick. As said, running the tool alone didn't do it.

I'm just adding my experience here so that if you run the Setup Tool and it doens't help, you know what extra steps you might want to try. ;)

Hi,

I uninstalled all (4) of my UTX entries & then reinstalled them along with all the updates.The only  items I made inactive were the lights (running dx10) but what seemed to take care of the initial problem(missing Pacific ocean inCa,) was to go into Ftx central & click on Ftx global Hybrid AFTER being in North America. ::)

Ron

Archived