"No more tweaks"::)

Dibidut

Hi Chaps.

I only speak for myself here, of course:

In search of excellence, we become more and more touchy about the scenery quality, in FSX. More accuratism, more details and so on, and so it must be, we cant go back now.

In the "good old days" the only concern for ORBx (i think) laing in the regions and Local Airstrips/ports, now the concerns is Worldwide, and this is of course ORBXs choice.

The "old stock" of ORBX Forum Members is "almost" gone....or are they ?? And a new Generation/or from other parts of the FSX community is taking over,with new demands to ORBX. Its a whole new experience to the ORBX team (and to me and others) as i se it.

Personly ive almost never been outside the "ORBX Territorium" and i never had concerns about LC/openLC, Mesch and DX10-11, until now.

The fact that we now at last havnt to chance World Regions in ORBX (FTXG-Hybrid Mode) havnt done the task easyer, because we now have to deal with LC/Mesh and combatibility from/to other providers/competitors ao.

NO MORE TWEAKING ?? Not in FSX.CFG maybe, but now its in the Scenery itself we Tweak.

Just my 2 cents, of course!

God bless You all.

Henrik

Henrik, I agree with you "no more tweaking".

After upgrading my system (see specs below) I've spent way more hours "tweaking" than actually flying and enjoying all my Orbx sceneries. I've come to the conclusion that all that is really required is to be realistic with the auto gen slider and just have a few basic lines added to the cfg such as

[Display]
WideViewAspect=True

and

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

I might add that I also use Raedon Pro.

Now that I've got to this point, I am really starting to enjoy the flight sim again.

Thats my two cents anyway

Cheers

Tony

Well yes and no.  I am big into military AI and military airbase scenery.  Really for me there is still a lot of tweaking to do, but mostly it is related to military air bases -- either we are converting MAIW FS9 bases to FSX format or we are adjusting/adding parking spots for FTX airbases -- or even adjusting some exceptional work here and there to fit more seemlessly, like Jim Dhaenens work.  Much of that is just adjusting elevations, making flattens and exclusions and perhaps adjusting some LC here and there.  But that process has changed now, as the new textures in FTX Global make the 'airfield skirting' textures much much more real, so now many of these airbases are now much better to view, much more realistic looking, than they ever were before.

And here wee are again, i know its my bad English coursing this, i think. ::)

What i meant, was that my Odysse in CFG Tweaking is over, ive also use tweeks in CFG:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=84

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=0

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=xxxx

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=xxxx

LOD_RADIUS=6.500000/4.500000

[Main]

DisablePreload=1 

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

Mostly Kostas settings.

Regarding Scenery (outside ORBX ) now "inside FTX Global (Hybrid), there is a lot of tweaking to do, to fully,match FTX Globals "demands"

example is Aerosofts Heatrow and London City. :- Disaster, i think.

And Ripcord, yes i see, if i will do some more, i have to adapt. Ei. looking on Odense Denmark..its a disaster, literally, i mean its a dump.... what will people think ???, i mean.. :-

I have to do something. so i will try to make the Hospital (Library) first and so we will see..

7VSt.jpg

Actual i live in the " Grayed" Building, with the text: International S.. Above. So there I will beginn my odysse. ::)

I understand of course that ORBX cant be everywhere, so if this chould be done ill have to produce it myself..??

Kind regards

Henrik

Well who said tweaking is bad? I believe there are people among us who love tweaking actually.

Think of it as a challenge. It's about how you can squeeze out best from your limited resources. So, actually some people enjoying while trying different tweaks.

For me, I am trying to learn every tweak out there (everything related to FS actually), not because I love tweaking but it helps me to fill my boring office hours.  

Well who said tweaking is bad? I believe there are people among us who love tweaking actually.

Think of it as a challenge. It's about how you can squeeze out best from your limited resources. So, actually some people enjoying while trying different tweaks.

For me, I am trying to learn every tweak out there (everything related to FS actually), not because I love tweaking but it helps me to fill my boring office hours.  

I'm not saying tweaking is bad, but for me personally I've reached the point where I've had enough and just want to fly and enjoy my hobby. I'll be the first to admit that my intense frustration with tweaking comes from my limited knowlege of computers.

If you enjoy tweaking then by all means.....go for it.

Cheers

Ok guys. I just might have to eat my words now. I've just discovered, downloaded and installed sweetfx. I can't believe the massive improvement I'm seeing. Blown away to be honest. Just doing a bit of tweaking right this moment. Did anyone else using this get a performance increase as well? It appears things are running a lot smother now.

Cheers

Ok guys. I just might have to eat my words now. I've just discovered, downloaded and installed sweetfx. I can't believe the massive improvement I'm seeing. Blown away to be honest. Just doing a bit of tweaking right this moment. Did anyone else using this get a performance increase as well? It appears things are running a lot smother now.

Cheers

Used it in the past but from the logic how it works it can't increase your FPS because with SweetFX your PC has more work to do. I liked the effects too but got annoyed of the flickering whenever I switched the view. Was also a bit darkening the picture. Anyway it's a nice tool for DX10 because ENB isn't working in DX10 mode.

Spirit

I always keep my frame rates locked externally at 30. I'm a DX9 user. The main thing I have noticed personally is that the colours are looking great and the textures are the sharpest I've ever had. It's running virtually stutter free now which is a major plus. I don't really know how this thing works, but for me....it just works

I always keep my frame rates locked externally at 30. I'm a DX9 user. The main thing I have noticed personally is that the colours are looking great and the textures are the sharpest I've ever had. It's running virtually stutter free now which is a major plus. I don't really know how this thing works, but for me....it just works

So enjoy and don't worry.

Spirit

Archived