Installation question

speedbird144

Hi all.

I am not sure FTX Global downloaded into the right place, may be it did but I just want to verify that. Per the manual: You cannot choose a

destination folder, since all Orbx products are installed into the ORBX folder. I found ORBX folder in FSX folder but during installation I was asked to select a folder and popped up window shows option - C/. I had to leave it like it was and let it run. During installation it asked me to insert CD.  ??? I figured that something went wrong and I was unable to continue. I started over again and same window asked me to select a folder. I left it as it was C/ and ran it again. Installation was completed and I found ORBX folder in FSX folder but I also found hundreds other bmp. files in C/ drive.  What are those and what to do with them. Apparently those files are not in a right place. 

Thank you for looking.

D2FNP.png

Order Number: FSS0225862

I may not give you the right info, however, overtime I have installed FSX in a different folder than the default, and installed it in the default folder (which I have it now) and, if I remember correctly, if and when while installing FTX Global it'll ask, or verify, where your FSX is.  Some programs being installed will have C:/ for your destination, and they may have an option to "browse" for a different directory, and some will allow you to type after C:/ the directory where you want it.  Of course for FTX Global you want it to say your FSX directory.  I just don't remember what FTX Global asked me about what directory to put it in.

Did it ask you to make a copy of your texture files prior to installing it?  If so, copy the backups back into the texture directory ....Scenery/World/Texture folder, then delete the files (that you show above) that are in your C:/ folder.  Try FSX to ensure it loads.  Get out of FSX and try to install FTX Global again.  When it asked you the directory, you'll need to look close to ensure you can tell it the correct directory (browse button, or something to allow you to change it).  Don't let it install in just the C:/....which you already know.

I'm just trying my two cents to assist you, and you probably already know about everything I stated above

Someone from the ORBX support team will probably answer this thread tomorrow.  They've been very quick and helpful to me and others.

Hope you get it figured out.

Rod

I just relooked at your above post and those files look like, by the date, the original FSX texture files that FTX Global asked you if you wanted to backup.  If so, I do remember somewhere on that screen you can change the directory to put them in.  If this is true, those are your backup texture files, in which I recommend moving to another directory so if you ever want to uninstall FTX Global, you need to put those files into the texture directory...Hopefully I didn't confuse you.......Rod

you're spot on Rod, those are the original texture files for which the installer asked to make a folder where they could be backed up to.

What I would do is get all those files and store 'm in a folder called fsX_default_textures and store 'm in a safe place in case you wan't to get the original fsX textures back in some point in time

Archived