Question@ftx Global and other regions

skimmer

#1. Does ftx Global have the addons to airports like I see in the ftx regions I own now?For example all or most small airports in NA Blue have objects like helos,cars,signs,static aircraft and more.

I dont know if Im asking this right,If I purchase ftx Global and then fly the Southern Alaska area it wont have all that the Southern Alaska package will have.#2. Right?

Thank you

I don't think the airports in FTX Global have been modified in any way. I can't be sure that major places like Schiphol haven't been modified or improved in some minor way, but I'd doubt it. Firstly, it would be a monumental task, literally on a global scale, and secondly, its not really what FTX Global is about.

If you are asking whether FTX Global includes the already released "regions", or at least the custom objects for those regions, then no, it doesn't.

For example. If I deactivate FTX EU England,  it reverts to an FTX Global representation of England, taking all of the default "modified" airports and airfields with it, as well as the "details" specifically made for the region package. It will leave the pay ware airfields in place, but due to FTX England using a custom terrain mesh, and Global being a blanket of textures draped over the FSX default mesh, there will be some elevation issues, usually.

If you have "instant scenery 2" (or 3), then you can do a LOT with the huge library of scenery objects available. That's ALL of the objects currently in your sim, not just the default FSX ones, so any airfield in Global can be populated with helicopters, static aircraft and associated clutter. Its a very versatile tool, but can get a little addictive!

Oh,I understand.It would be a monumental job.I plan on buying southern alaska then.

Thank you Mike:)

Archived