No Orbx trees or Vector Lights option in FTX Central

Krono

Hi

In the North America Region I have noticed that the options for Orbx Trees and Vector Road Lights are missing on my computer running Global and Prepar3d. I have reinstalled the Orbx Core libraries with your installer and also the latest libraries. FTX central shows itself as Version 1 Build 1036 July 2013. Below is a post of FTX Central, all other regions show the tress and vector options and Global seems to be running fine.

Thanks for your help

Ken

E8WJt.jpg

Hello again

I have noticed that the library contents in P3d are not being changed. Everything from FTX is being loaded no matter which region you are in. Looks like one of the Orbx scripts may of gone a bit off kilter.

Ken

Hello again....

As stated above FTX Central is having problems. When FTX Global is selected all of Orbx elevation adjustments for Oceania , Europe and North America are turned to OFF files in ......Prepar3d/Scenery/World/Scenery folder. If FTX Global hybrid or any of the other 3 regions are selected then all of the elevation adjustment bgl files are turned back on, even for example if Oceania is selected all region bgls are turned on. If you go into the Prpar3d library and note what is happening there you can see that all Orbx entries stay active in the library at all times. The LastAppliedConfig.ftx file in FTXCentral/Regions is correctly following the options in the FTX Central panel

Is there a way of repairing this problem, it seems that one of the scripts has become corrupted.

Thanks Ken

Hi Ken,

If I am reading your report correctly then what you are seeing is the correct behavior

FTXglobal - Hybrid [OFF]  The normal 'Default FSX' setting = all FTXregion custom region scenery, airports and autogen components deactivated, all associated airport files are turned off

FTXglobal - Hybrid [ON] The new optional 'Hybrid FSX' setting = all FTXregions active, and all associated airport files are turned on

Oceania/North America/Europe - Normal FTXregion setting = all custom region scenery, airports and autogen components fully active for the selected region area

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

My problem is that when you go to a specific region    say Oceania then all regions are still active. It looks like the FTXglobal - Hybrid [OFF] and the FTXglobal - Hybrid [ON] are working but not the calls for the individual regions.

Ken

Normally all regions will be active within the FSX scenery library when one is selected, this is standard behavior, but behind the scenes there are different autogen files being inserted

If you still have some concerns post a low level screenshot from Australia and from one of the North American regions (make sure the correct region is set) and I'll be able to confirm its showing correctly

Ok Tim I will do that, I thought that if you were in the Oceania region only (not in Global) then all the elevation adjustment bgl files for the other regions were turned off. I will post screenies here later.

Ken.

Hi Ken,

I understand what you mean, this actually may have changed recently to accommodate the 'Hybrid' one-size-for-all option

Its not of any concern as long as they are active while your FTXregions are active, then you should not encounter any airport elevation issues

Cheers
Tim

Archived