FTX-Global - Fall? hmmm...

Guest Irontower

Guest Irontower

Hello,

after some days of testing I must say that Global is a real nice product and I like it, Thank you !

One problem for me are the fall textures. Seems to be a mix from less saturated summer tex and winter tex that looks weired and nothing real. Fall is a pretty colorful season or is there somthing wrong with my install? Made a new clean install of FSX with UTX, Global...   no other LC's

Shot from Austria/Swiss Hybrid mode

FallFSX.jpg

A shot from my FS9 texture set to see what I'm expected from Global, or more ^-^

FallFS9.jpg

...and a real one from the alps

AlpsFall.jpg

...ahh, and one thing more, fields in europe could be smaller ::)

regards

Wilhelm

LOWW

For what it's worth,

FTX Global does NOT make alterations to the LandClass that was shipped with fsX, it merely added the Baltic demo area, so what you are seeing is the fsX LC calling the FTX Global textures.

in the future however we are planning to make LC packages for the various continents which should improve things a wee bit

Guest Irontower

tried some different landclasse, the differenc is very small. The Baltic demo looks better but there are no mountains to compare.

Seems to hope that openLC with updated textures will do it.

regards Wilhelm

here one shot with openVFR

FallopenVFR.jpg

Thanks for posting these shots and your latest with the openVFR.  I came to the conclusion very early on that good land class was going to be necessary for ftxg to work most effectively.  There are several choices in landclass products and it make the whole exercise very complicated and expensive.

Hi Irontower,

your screenshots don't look like there are any fall textures active during that date. Keep in mind that selecting "fall" in FSX doesn't guarantee that you'll actually have fall textures on the ground because the placement of the seasonal variants of the landclass textures is determined for each tile (= 1.2km x 1.2km) separately with a monthly temporal resolution; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/18695-pnw-textures/?p=162697&hl=%20seasons%20%20holger&fromsearch=1#entry162697

Unfortunately, the default FSX file that regulates the distribution of seasons is pretty awful in that it has a lot of random "shotgun" transition patterns, which are quite evident in your screenshots: adjacent landclass tiles are green, then white, then green again, etc.). That's why for our region products we include custom seasons files that better approximate seasonal changes in both latitude and elevation. I'm not sure those kinds of files exist for areas not covered by our regions but it might be worth looking for them.

In any case, if you change to different months you should see fall colors in the FTXG textures, which should be readily apparent by the yellow/brown/reddish autogen trees.

Cheers, Holger

Guest Irontower

Hi Holger,

many thanks for your explanation !

now there comes light to the whole thing, and my brain ::)

Setting a time in the future, Sep. 21. 2014, and all seems to be as it should ! That's strange ! ...and FSX is more strange :wacko:

However it looks pretty (could be a bit more reddish trees) ^-^

cheers Wilhelm

FallFSX2.jpg

Archived