A Quirky Senario

CheeChako

Hi Guys and Gals

Maybe someone would be kind enough to solve my dilemma.  This is old stuff but a real issue with me just getting started with ORBX downloads of which I have a lot.  My issue is with BLUE PNW install and especially the PATCH 005. I read several places on the forum the patch is a dual installer. Well my install of PNW went well into P3D which I was told included the patch.  That's all well and good but I have some airports such as ANACORTES airport for example that tell you to install the PNW patch as well as the current libs.

I have downloaded the patch from the support page SEVERAL times including tonight and when I try to install it after installing ANACORTES AP there is no option to install into P3D.  The only option is to install into the program files.  My P3D install is on my C drive.  A DUAL installer give either a FSX or P3D option.

Believe me without the patch Anacortes AP looks very bad even with the libs so it does require the patch.

I have made two posts for support.  My first one three months ago and got no answer.  The second post was several days ago and did get a response but apparently my reply was not the right one.  I tried to explain the PNW patch was not a dual installer or at least not for me but never had another response.

Normally I would just drop the issue and not install those airports that require the patch but I am rally puzzled why I can't install this patch and why no one will at least send me in a direction to solve this mystery.

All my downloads are fresh and current and have installed with no problems EXCEPT the PNW Patch.  I swear its not a DUAL installer but no one will check it out to see if I'm right.  I'm new to forums and I guess if there is an answer to your problems that was posted elsewhere, support ignores your post??

Maybe someone would check out this patch on ORBX support site and let me know if I'm psycho.

Thanks all and good flying.

I just tried the patch, and it offerred to install to my Prepar 3D folder , not my FSX. Since OrbX products are only installed in my Prepar 3D, and not, in FSX, it seems to be working perfectly. It knew where it belonged.

Sue

Archived