Missing Files/Default

afcraig2010

When I first open FTX Central I receive the following error message listed twice:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Autogen\default.xml

This file is indeed missing.

There is no Default region, just an FTX Global region. I have the check boxes for the trees and the lights. After hitting apply, I receive this report:

Apply region error report.
FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.gb_base\default.xml

This file is present.

When flying, the main thing I notice is night flight. Outside of my UTX USA area, I only see lights for some roads, not all. (I think just a few major roads and that's it)

Hi :)

Don't how that occurs, some people report this and other don't have an issue, the solution is pretty straight forward, create the missing files with notepad as a txt file and then rename them to .xml

Also sometimes saves some headaches is to right click you main fsX folder select properties and un-tick the read only box and hit apply

open FTX Central make sure you have un-ticked the ORBX trees, the Hybrid mode and the Vector lights, hit apply and exit

re run the FTXG* installer and it should be fine, do not create backup with the re run of the FTXG* installer as you probably already did this with your initial install

• 1 month later...

I get a different variant of the report, every time I open FTX central.  Do I do the same?      "create the missing files with notepad as a txt file and then rename them to .xml"   and if so, where do I put them? For my last question, would that have anything to do with missing buildings in the Canadain Praries? I unistalled UTX and there was no change.

Custom Files Validation Report
Custom file does not exist.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\BLDA2.dds

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\BLDA2LM.dds

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\BLDK2.dds

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\BLDK2LM.dds

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\BLDL2.dds

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\BLDL2LM.dds

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\BLDM2.dds

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\BLDM2LM.dds

Archived