Roads and waters for the entire world?

NoLonger

I own UTX Europe. I know there are also versions of UTX for other parts of the world but UTX does not cover the entire world. I use FTXG for textures now and I am looking forward to OpenLC. I do notice however how important vector data is for the overall experience and so I am very happy with UTX Europe. I only use that one for roads and waters btw: the rest it offers doesn't interest me.

Afaik there aren't any other addons that would give me real roads and waters for the entire world, are there...? I've heard about openVFR but it seems to be about landclass and autogen etc. and not the vector data I am talking about (roads and waters). And besides, apart from not covering the entire world, openVFR is also way too expensive.

I never heard of an addon that provides this data for the entire world but I just wanted to make sure it really isn't there... or am I missing something?

Watch this space .... :)

:smile:  :smile:  :smile: Whoa!!! My heads spinning now! Had to slap myself to see if I really read those 3 lovely words

JV, you're a legend mate! You really are. Orbx just seems to keep going from strength to strength these days...surpassing each next-to-impossible feat with one that's even more unbelievably incredible and impressive! Such exciting times :D Thank you for the tease...that's all I needed to relax. :smile: And thank you, for whatever it is you're planning or can do whenever!

Our fingers are so very tightly crossed, you could mistake their appearance for Reynauds Phenomenon. My response is the very same excitement that J van E is experiencing right above...Nothing could make us happier than watching this space...In fact,

here JV...please take my wallet so that I can sit back and watch this space :D

Best regards,

Sid

:smile:  :smile:  :smile: Whoa!!! My heads spinning now! Had to slap myself to see if I really read those 3 lovely words

JV, you're a legend mate! You really are. Orbx just seems to keep going from strength to strength these days...surpassing each next-to-impossible feat with one that's even more unbelievably incredible and impressive! Such exciting times :D Thank you for the tease...that's all I needed to relax. :smile: And thank you, for whatever it is you're planning or can do whenever!

Our fingers are so very tightly crossed, you could mistake their appearance for Reynauds Phenomenon. My response is the very same excitement that J van E is experiencing right above...Nothing could make us happier than watching this space...In fact,

here JV...please take my wallet so that I can sit back and watch this space :D

Best regards,

Sid

He said  "watch this space". I guess I am not reading what you are reading. What are you reading from JV's statement?

Bob

Bob

Read the    " title "     of this thread  !

Cheers

Karol

Yep...that's what I'm reading too Karol. :smile:  If it happens some day, I'm sure it'll sell as many copies as FTX Global and be another real winning success story. :smile:

But Bob, you're also quite right if you're saying lets not get ahead of ourselves. As JV says, we'll just quietly watch this space...there's nothing wrong with a little dreaming in the meantime though, eh? :lol:  :D  :)

Best regards both,

Sid

:lol:

Moonman, where have you gone?

Get back here and keep watching this space! :lol:  :D Lol!

Ok, fine, get back to your flying...I guess this space will be here when you get back :D

Regards, :D

Sid

I'm messing with UTX and Open VFR + FTXG

Those are good product but they both have a BIIIIIIG imperfection : they are autogen killer.

The roads (especially urban) will clean all the autogen in the city.

UTX also adds a lot of disturbing elements such as strange green strips everywhere.

The best way to enjoy FTXG for the moment is  maybe to use it by itself. It's spectacular in urban area but problematic everywhere you have rivers and shores (except in the USA where the default scenery seems better then elsewhere).

Do you think that a solution exist on a big scale ( I mean water+road+intensive autogen) ??

Great !. That has solved a situation for me . I don't own utx etc, so reading about it and finding out that it contains landclass led me to wonder about a potential mess .

Thanks Team , I wont waste my pennies elsewhere .

I'm messing with UTX and Open VFR + FTXG

Those are good product but they both have a BIIIIIIG imperfection : they are autogen killer.

The roads (especially urban) will clean all the autogen in the city.

UTX also adds a lot of disturbing elements such as strange green strips everywhere.

The best way to enjoy FTXG for the moment is  maybe to use it by itself. It's spectacular in urban area but problematic everywhere you have rivers and shores (except in the USA where the default scenery seems better then elsewhere).

Do you think that a solution exist on a big scale ( I mean water+road+intensive autogen) ??

In the setup tool turn off all minor urban and rural roads (and their corresponding minor road bridges). That should help with the autogen.

Until a product comes along to replace UTX (watch this space...) we'll have to put up with it's foibles.

Like you said though, now it's really only for the coasts and stuff that we need it.

:lol:

Moonman, where have you gone?

Get back here and keep watching this space! :lol:  :D Lol!

Ok, fine, get back to your flying...I guess this space will be here when you get back :D

Regards, :D

Sid

Hi Sid!

Have been on vacation and now on my finals into finishimg all the new installs ... took me longer than expected - but:

Good things take there time to evolve! ^_^

Anyways - looking forward to taking my first "serious" flight over FTXGlobal within the next few days ... and surely going to land at some space ... somewhere then :D

... and then be back at the forums again for sure - to follow this space here 8):lol:

Cheers, Christoph

Archived