How to restore FTX Global roads?

NoLonger

I have no clue how this could have happened but I suddenly noticed little pictures of cars on my roads... so I opened the UTX tool and sure enough, the roads were set to Add Auto Imprint. The odd thing is that I disabled those imprints right from the start so I don't know what has happened here... But this is not the problem why I am posting here (otherwise I would have posted at the UTX forum ;) ). My question is: how do I get the FTX Global roads back!?!

Is reinstalling FTXG all over again the only way to get this done?

And if that is so, is it possible to tell me what file holds the road textures? After I have restored them to FXTG textures I would like to make a backup of them in case UTX pulls this trick on me once more...! ;)

FTX-Global has roads ? :o

I don´t think so, thats because we use UTX - Roads - I do ;)

Road textures only. It doesn't add the actual roads: the default FSX roads are used unless you have something like UTX indeed.

We do replace the road textures but with REX you can simply run their front-end GUI to replace our roads again if you don't like them.

I think the same goes for UTX road textures.

Does this mean that the FTXG night lighting is only available in non-UTX areas?

Due to the way UTX works it's nigh on impossible to have the default roads showing whilst leaving all the other UTX features working like coastlines and rivers.

Ok I can live without the night lighting but it was a strong selling point. :-/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

We'll look into a future patch that adds our vector lighting to UTX roads. The only reason they don't currently work is that they use a different GUID (object identifier) than the default FSX/P3D arterial roads. Not a hard fix to implement.

The UTX roads are a different vector "object" from the default roads, so the textures Global installs don't affect them in any way. The only way to get default roads back would be to disable the UTX roads.

Aaaaaah, understood. Thanks! I was thinking it would be similar to REX roads but of course and indeed REX only replaces default road textures and not the UTX roads. Didn't think of that. Obviously. ;)

We'll look into a future patch that adds our vector lighting to UTX roads. The only reason they don't currently work is that they use a different GUID (object identifier) than the default FSX/P3D arterial roads. Not a hard fix to implement.

Ah thanks JV. I have all the UTX regions (Europe, US, Canada, Alaska and TAC) and it would be the icing on the cake to see the FTXG night lights.

As you know there are many thousands of UTX users out there I'm sure a patch would go down extremely well. ^-^

If you need an extra hand testing with those UTX roads just shout!

Cheers

Dave.

I think further compatibility with the UTX products would be great - not just the Global 3d lights on UTX roads/highways, but also FTX textures for Ultimate Terrain's custom landclasses (ports, container yard, heavy industrial zones, etc) :)

Archived