Love 'em, not sure about the first though, as I don't know where it is geographically, but I do not recall anything so formal and green in the NT even up towards the top end .. perhaps it's over in the West??. Love the ones of the center though. Teecee.

Love 'em, not sure about the first though, as I don't know where it is geographically, but I do not recall anything so formal and green in the NT even up towards the top end .. perhaps it's over in the West??. Love the ones of the center though. Teecee.

Hi Terry, I've not been to the Alice but this image in GE is what I based the rural landclass on that you see in the first pic. Hopefully someone that's a local or has visited the region can comment?

Posted Image

Is that water?

Like a poo farm or something?

Yep, You got it!!! It is Alice Springs Sewage treatment works!!! Just cross checked it with google maps! Plenty of fertilizer there for green fields but alas, they are settlement ponds!

Is that water?

Yep, You got it!!! It is Alice Springs Sewage treatment works!!! Just cross checked it with google maps! Plenty of fertilizer there for green fields but alas, they are settlement ponds!

Yay! What do I win  ;D

Is that water?

Yay! What do I win  ;D

A bucket of pure Alice Springs poo!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Selective quote follows:

We don't have a sewage farm landclass last time I checked

Well go and make one!  ;D

Or better still, give us a photoreal texture/overlay thingy (like at some airports) so that it can be "As Real As It Gets"!  :D

PS. Just don't include the smell...

Selective quote follows:

We don't have a sewage farm landclass last time I checked

Well go and make one!  ;D

Or better still, give us a photoreal texture/overlay thingy (like at some airports) so that it can be "As Real As It Gets"!  :D

PS. Just don't include the smell...

Now there's an opportunity for a scenery developer if ever I saw one... Poo Farms of the World. Vol 1 - Australia. Could also branch out into "Cemeteries of the World" & "Rubbish Dumps of the World"  :P:D

That has to be the toughest reality-test I've seen yet!  (Is it a photo?/is it FTX?)

I'm guessing FTX, purely because I've rarely seen you post a photo, Heiko.  And "guess" is the word - the amazing thing is that it could genuinely be either.

The rock is looking good but it's still a bit smooth around the base. It seems to float above the terrain. If you look at the real pictures theres bits of rubble and the occasional bush that break up its join with the surrounding plain. I think adding those dark 'bumps', in a colour similar to the salt bush on the surrounding ground texture, to the bottom of the texture would go a long way to blending it into the landscape.

These are the Ilparpa Ponds (aka waste water treatment works). As I write this I am unfortunately smelling them.  The birds love the ponds and the last time I saw there were viewing areas for birdwatchers.

Archived