FSGLOBAL AND GEX

shermank

hi guys....I discovered that after my installation of FSG, there is a recommendation that GEx be uninstalled before installing FSG. What should I do about GEX after the fact, now the FSG is up and running, and seems to be OK. if I uninstall GEX now, will I lose the textures from FSG that have replaced GEX. THANKS!

Sherm

If you did not uninstall GEX then the FTXG installer would simply have overwritten them in the Scenery\World\Texture folder.

There should be no reason that stutters are introduced with our textures, since they are the same size (1024x1024) as Default and GEX. 

Because our autogen is more denser, perhaps try lowering your autogen density setting in the simulator menus? See page 21 of the FTX Global User Guide.

If you did not uninstall GEX then the FTXG installer would simply have overwritten them in the Scenery\World\Texture folder.

There should be no reason that stutters are introduced with our textures, since they are the same size (1024x1024) as Default and GEX. 

Because our autogen is more denser, perhaps try lowering your autogen density setting in the simulator menus? See page 21 of the FTX Global User Guide.

Thank you John. So, if I understand this, by uninstalling GEX I would remove the textures overwritten by FSG, because to the GEX uninstaller, it would appear to be the original GEX textures. Therefore, I should simply leave GEX alone. Is that the proper scenario...and btw, let me add my voice to the chorus of appreciation for FSG

Sherm

Archived