FTX GLOBAL install issue

BigBadStato

Hello everyone,

Bought and downloaded FTX Global today, as i was going through the install, a message appears saying i need to insert disk 2..but i downloaded it all..so i have no disks...it appears some textures have now been installed but i also have trees and houses all through my water areas....some help appreciated.

Thankyou

John

Thankyou Wolter, ok so I think i have made some progress. The install has finished and I am now presented with a FTX central loading screen and also a FTXCentral message saying Terrain.cfg has no [LandClasses] section. After completing another install the problem is still there...i didnt get asked to inserts disks...but all my water and default airports are covered in trees. Any ideas?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

Wolters Terrain.cfg file (see link above) did help me... no more trees and houses on water or at Airports etc!

It looks like that installing PNW, Version 1.8, Feb 2014 corrupts the Terrain.cfg file in the fsx directory!

I hope this advice helps.

• 2 years later...
On 27/07/2013 at 11:44 AM, Wolter van der Spoel said:

ok, not sure what's going on, find attached my terrain.cfg file, backup yours by renaming it to terrain.cfg_john_BU, unzipp the attached one in it's own folder and copy it to your main fsX folder, that should about do it

terrain.zip

Oh my giddy aunt!!

I've just come acrosss this post as i was backing up files in preparation to reinstall FSX, Global, Vector, LC etc. etc.  Thought i would give it a try even though the post is 3 years old, and what do you know.. it actually worked!

All the trees on the runway, in the lakes and at S50 are gone! Just need to check the NON PNW areas of the rest of the planet.. fingers crossed!

Wolter, you are a genius!

• 3 weeks later...

IT WORKED!!  Thank you!  That was very frustrating.  I need a new computer, but I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling FSX, Orbx, then ASN, and finally, my A2A aircraft.  Everything was going fine until I loaded my PNW 1.0 disk.  Then it was trees everywhere!  Trees were autogenning out in Puget Sound!  I downloaded that lovely terrain.zip and got it installed.  All is good!  You win the seal of approval (attached)!

Seeya

ATB

Krusty_Brand_Seal_of_Approval.gif

• 1 year later...

Ok. I didn't mean for my February post to make on this thread. I just wanted help installing terrain.cfg as my computer displayed that error message about administrator privileges and there seems no way to right click on the file and run it as an administrator. I tried for over two hours to get that file in the root directory without success even accidently changing all my cfg files to open in internet explorer. That's fixed now, thank goodness and I'll start a new topic like you asked. Thanks for your help, Doug. I'm very new to the forums.

Robert

Archived