Anacortes in P3D

CheeChako

Airport install such as Anacortes in PNW requires the PNW patch but it is not a dual installer.  How do I resolve this problem for P3D so I can install all my airports that require the patch?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Spirit    I downloaded PNW about a month ago and I believe it was SP5 but after installing the airports (2) both requiring the patch the scenery at those even with the lib are really bad. 

So I guess they, the airports require the PNW patch to work .

I don't understand why ORBX won't fix the issue.  Maybe its just me but I don't think ORBX spends much time on support for P3D, to many FSX and too many other countries to support.

I do appreciate your responses.  Thank you.

Chako

Hi Chako,

As developers we normally scan for region/airport/project names belonging to us, but in this case your thread title is a bit vague and does not mention the product, so I edited it for you, and hopefully the developer responsible will drop in and assist shortly

Cheers

Tim

G'day Chako, 

I'm not quite sure I understand your problem fully, but if you think you have a messed up installation for either PNW SP5 or Anacortes with P3D, the best place for us to start would be for you to take a screenshot of an area effected. This can help get the ball rolling in resolving it for you.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

In a nutshell I am trying to install Anacortes airport in PNW.  After the install the message reads that the PNW PATCH must be installed as well as the lib files.  The problem is the PNW patch is not a dual installer and will only install to the program files (FSX) and there is no option to install into P3D.  I have downloaded and tried to install the PNW Patch 3-4 times with no success.

Without installing the PNW PATCH after installing the Anacortes airport the scenery at Anacortes is a real mess even with the lib.  The PNW PATCH file in the FTX support download is not a dual installer, therefore you can't install the patch into P3D.  The patch needs to be fixed.  The patch on CRM is the same way.  I'm new at this and this is only my evaluation and solution to the problem but I could be wrong although others have voiced the same problem.

At this time I have removed ANACORTES AIRPORT so you will have to direct me on what I should do next.  I will send a screen shot once I figure out how to do it but of what at this point is up to you.  Thank you for your support and help as well as Tim for re-directing me to the right path.

Chako

G'day Chako,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this one. If you've done the following:

1. Downloaded and installed the latest full version of PNW from your FSS account (which should include all patches in the single installer)

2. Installed Anacortes 

3. Updated your ORBX libs to the latest version

And am still having an issues, then we might need to look elsewhere to solve the problem. The Anacortes installer recommending you install the latest SP following is a little misleading sorry - given the age of the product (Oct 2011), this pre-dates the P3D installers which have come since. As long as you have installed the latest version of PNW (from your FSS account), you should be all up to date with the the PNW SP/patches as these are included - the only one not included will be ORBXlibs (ie item 3). As I mentioned, a screenshot or two will be of enormous help, there is a pinned topic here on how to post shots here on the forum.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

Glad to see you back. This PNW install with the airports and their patches have been driving me crazy. I've spent over two months trying to get things working right.

You will be happy to know all is working well now. I do have some questions if you don't mind indulging me.

I have downloaded and installed with fresh downloads from the distributer on every install. As you advised to do fresh install is just what I did. With the ANACORTES airport install I had deleted it prior to your response so as you advised I re-installed it to get screen shots but for whatever reason after I installed the CURRENT libs it's a master piece just like all of ORBX products and looks GREAT.

Why it installed this time and not the other two times is a mystery because I used the same downloads. The only thing different was the current libs. Like I said all is well and now for my questions.

1.)There are PATCHES for several of the airports for PNW, NRM, CRM etc. I installed SKAGIT AP v1.1 and the patch is for v1.1. Do I need to install these airport patches? I tried with Skagit but there is no P3D option so I assume NO and the patch is included with the download file?

2.)There is a download to install to slow the CAR TRAFFIC. Can it be installed in P3D?

3.) The fill in software (NOT ORBX) from Alaska to Oregon such as TONGASS FJORDS X and MISTY MOORINGS, can they be installed in P3D?

4.)Final question and you don't have to answer if you don't want. What software would you use to increase airport planes and air traffic for P3D?

Jarrad, thank you for your time and expertise. ORBX is a great product and I love it.

Chako

Archived