SAK Texture Anomalies

Piper9t3

I notice in certain areas around SAK I get flashing/mixed texture images which does not blend at all with the surrounding terrain.  This seems to happen in localized areas and thankfully it is not a widespread issue all over the region.  I am just not sure if its caused by my system hardware or is it some other known problem causing these texture anomalies?  I have posted a screenshot below depicting the texture anomalies:

cWnzU.jpg

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Hi John,

those texture distortions happen if FSX is trying to find a landclass texture that doesn't exist. Since SAK includes all required textures it's likely an issue with an incorrect landclass core file (lclookup). First thing to try is cycle FTXCentral once to Default and then back to North America. If that doesn't help please let me know the date stamp of lclookup.bgl, in \Scenery\BASE\Scenery, with FTX Central set to North America.

Cheers, Holger

Hi John,

that's indeed the incorrect lclookup.bgl version, it should be dated June 30 or July 1, 2011. My suggestion would be to set FTX Central to Default and then re-installing SAK on top of the current installation. 

Cheers, Holger

Archived