YBRM Runway Purple?

iFlySimX

G'day there,

This has been brought up in another thread, for a more detailed description have a read here. But just to add, be careful of any heavily-saturated ENB mods (if indeed you use any), these are not too suited to tropical locations such as Broome. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hey Jarrad, thank you so much for your response. I am not using any ENB mods at this time. Could you please confirm that there isn't a fix for this?

Thanks!

No worries at all, yes you are correct in that there isn't a fix for this. The problem lies in the compression process of the source image to the final DXT5 .dds texture - much the same as when you save a photo as a high-compression jpeg. The issue is augmented by the fact that a lot of the texture is red-based, a colour always known to not translate particularly well to DXT format. The alternative would be to use 32-bit textures, but this would cause the loading on your GPU to increase exponentially, and effect FPS as much.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Not at this point, I'm sorry. I'm currently travelling around the US and away from my home PC - unfortunately this has my source ground imagery from YBRM on it, so I won't have access to this until we I get home to Perth a little later on in the year.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived