I have just followed a thread on AeroXXXX.com and i think it could be fun to..

Dibidut

Ive just followed a thread on AeroXXXX.com :ph34r: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/52170-twin-otter-extended-preview/page-44 :ph34r:

And i think, its a great idear to involve the costumers in the creating process, as a experiment, at least.

Why dont try the same for an ORBx Airport? I think it could be fun with some input from the costumers.

Say ORBX let the costumers choose, from 5-10 Airports and then get in diallog with us about the content....ei.Aberdeen?? ::) (Or ask the community). ::)

May be it would take a year..or, but a good learning proces for all. and a lot of fun.

Also i thinking that with all the new guys around it would be great with a toturial on YouTube:" how to install ORBX, Proper".

Kind regards

Henrik

Btw. Love your work and attitude.

Sorry, its seems the first Topic came trouth , so now i have??? Nothing to do. 

Hi Henrik,

I have considered it, as I'm sure others also have, and we actually used to share pictures from our very early alpha stage projects but the derogative comments and vitriol got to be too much (we have not forgotten the reception to the NZSI alpha shots!)

For aircraft perhaps this style of posting might work, but for scenery...no, because traditionally scenery looks terrible until its 85% finished

So now we have an internal rule set down that there are no pictures displayed (publicly) until the project is in beta-test

Cheers
Tim

Hi Henrik,

I have considered it, as I'm sure others also have, and we actually used to share pictures from our very early alpha stage projects but the derogative comments and vitriol got to be too much (we have not forgotten the reception to the NZSI alpha shots!)

For aircraft perhaps this style of posting might work, but for scenery...no, because traditionally scenery looks terrible until its 85% finished

So now we have an internal rule set down that there are no pictures displayed (publicly) until the project is in beta-test

Cheers

Tim

Thanks, Tim, for the insight!

Tim, when you explain it this way it really seems reasonable.

Yes, it does! I would, however, love to see how things start and how they developed. And I think that if "terrible" looking pictures would be explained a little (like: "These terrible looking grey boxes will eventually become the tower ..." or “Those dirty blurry tiles will finally become the apron†– or something like this) it could be very much fun to see the development of a scenery.

Having said that: Maybe one of the wizards could let us have a bit of insight in a finished project?

Im glad, that im not the only one here, that have thought, that (for a wile at least), it could be a great idear. :smile:

I can also se why it wont work with an Airstrip/Airport. There is not mutch to discuss in hence to the landscape,buildings, position and so on.

Either it is right or it isnt, there cant be democracy or concensus  there.

I understand Your point of view Tim. But also agre with DocBird. I am also very curious, and would love to se, at least some stilleben of the Creating process(ugly or not). ::)

Lets say "10 pictures of a project in progress" and so on. So the customers wont get a chock and a heart faliure of what They think, is a finished product.

-Just my 2 cents, of course!

Kind regards

Henrik

Archived