AU RED - 11 new screenshots

Very well done, John & the team - again!  ;D  It's a testament to your visual programming skills that I rarely fly out of Australia these days, although as an occasional "homesick Pom" I have a fly around the very expensive "photoreal" scenery my daughter bought me for my last birthday. You can't make any kind of comparison between the two, one is so utterly realistic as to render the other almost 2-D and the immersion factor is so good with FTX that my visual flights in the UK are just that - visual flights, whereas my flights in Australia are a real pleasure. In 2001, we "did the trip" - 30,000 Kms round & about Oz for nearly a year, & comparing my photos of all of the areas so far with the FTX scenery - you've got it right. Just thanks again for re-awakening my flagging interest in flightsimming. Looking forward to the DVD - I've bought everything else except Jandakot - that's for Christmas at the new price! Cheers, Malcolm.

Brilliant! Those colours are damn near spot on. The last two really are close. The slight salt whitening of the red sand is perfect. The colours are now that much more muted red-orange pastel shade rather than the earlier red. Spot on!

I really am hanging on the edge of my seat for this one.

The textures look really good! However, I have to say that couple of days ago I was watching travel channel a bit, where they were driving around central outback and went to see Ayers Rock, and the ground was actually more red than in these screens. More like in the first alpha shots. Maybe this is a compromise on what it looks like in most places?

These look really good, the only trouble with outback colours seems to be caused by rain or lack of - either it's got quite  lot of green in it (surprised me when I was there) or dusty red - at least hat was the colour of the Patrol when I returned it :).

Looking forward to this one.

Alex

The textures look really good! However, I have to say that couple of days ago I was watching travel channel a bit, where they were driving around central outback and went to see Ayers Rock, and the ground was actually more red than in these screens. More like in the first alpha shots. Maybe this is a compromise on what it looks like in most places?

A lot of travel shows and photographers like to either shoot late in the day when the sun is at an angle, enhance colours a bit or shoot soon after rain. All make the ground look redder. Take a hunt around the net for some photos of the red centre from the air and I think you'll see they have it pretty close!

Absolutely STUNNING!

You guys get it right all the time. I am glad to have found your products, they make flying so much more enjoyable since I upgraded from FS2004 recently. I also upgraded to a Saitek Yoke/Quadrant and Rudder pedals and your scenery has made it even more realistic.

Thank you.

A lot of travel shows and photographers like to either shoot late in the day when the sun is at an angle, enhance colours a bit or shoot soon after rain. All make the ground look redder. Take a hunt around the net for some photos of the red centre from the air and I think you'll see they have it pretty close!

Spot on! having spent a bit of time flying around those deserts, ALL I can say is... Thumbs up!

John, Have you got a shot of Coober Pedy? That pock marked desert is something that I still marvel at, the contrast is amazing.

John, Have you got a shot of Coober Pedy? That pock marked desert is something that I still marvel at, the contrast is amazing.

I was thinking about this too when somebody asked if AU Red was going to be a lot of red nothing. There's many places like Coober Pedy, White Cliffs (dare I say Broken Hill's skimp dumps and popet heads ;)) and many other towns that have something unique about them that will make them worth visiting. Some of those may be detail that's ripe for 3rd party and freeware stuff though.

Archived