Scotland (Galloway) first impressions.

domfliss

Hi guys,

First let me say well done on a really good representation of Scotland :)

The mesh and textures you used are first rate and work extremely well together.  I could spot the mountains from quite some distance off; just like in real life (on a rare sunny Scottish day :P ).

I flew a short circuit from West Freugh to New Galloway, down to Kirkcudbright, west to Gatehouse of Fleet and then back again to West Freugh.  All this without a map; which goes to show what a great job you did with Scotland.

But....(why does there always have to be a but) I did notice quite a few errors in some parts of the scenery.  

Now; I'm aware this is not photographic scenery and I'm also well aware of the relatively cheap price, so I'm not expecting cow A to be in field B; but if one is allowed to be picky, it would be great if the following could be fixed:

Laurieston Road is missing which runs from Gatehouse of Fleet to Laurieston.

A762 from Tongland to A75 is missing completely; as is the Dam at Tongland.

B796 from Gatehouse of Fleet is missing, which leads left up to Creetown and right to the Gatehouse Viaduct; which is also sadly absent.

The Barlay which runs through Gatehouse of Fleet suddenly stops abruptly; when in reality, in flows for five miles plus.

Please don't see this as negative feedback; it's not, as the scenery in general is first class and highly enjoyable.  

Cheers

Dom

Laurieston Road is missing which runs from Gatehouse of Fleet to Laurieston.

A762 from Tongland to A75 is missing completely; as is the Dam at Tongland.

B796 from Gatehouse of Fleet is missing, which leads left up to Creetown and right to the Gatehouse Viaduct; which is also sadly absent.

The Barlay which runs through Gatehouse of Fleet suddenly stops abruptly; when in reality, in flows for five miles plus.

No nitpicking there, this is very useful and detailed (!) feedback! We had to thin out the road network to the most essential roads only. Otherwise the vector roads and rivers would be wildly crisscrossing the nice landclass textures. But as you obviously know the area there and regard those roads to be missing we'll add them in the next update or service pack. Plus the dam of course.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha

I have found many missing buildings, castles, monuments etc.  These are the top tourist spots in Scotland and they are present in the Scotflight scenery that has been around for many years.  Are there plans to include more?  Should I post a list somewhere?

Places like Dunstaffnage Castle, Duart Castle, Glenfinnan Monumnet (the viaduct is there), I was also hoping that Tobermory would at least match Scotflight but it is just an awkward looking tile that slopes into the sea :-

Is there also a chance to change all these rape seed fields dotted around the country, they simply don´t exist and really look awkward.  Please take this as constructive criticism, I really love the scenery.

Guys we need to pull you up here: lately the expectation with FTX regions is that every single POI and historical monument is respresented in the region but the fact remains that the PRIMARY focus is to depict the region as accurately as possible, not every castle, shrine or monument. Perhaps you need to reset your expectations a tad?

Excuse moi Dr_Watson

Hi Sascha

I have found many missing buildings, castles, monuments etc.  These are the top tourist spots in Scotland and they are present in the Scotflight scenery that has been around for many years.  Are there plans to include more?  Should I post a list somewhere?

Places like Dunstaffnage Castle, Duart Castle, Glenfinnan Monumnet (the viaduct is there), I was also hoping that Tobermory would at least match Scotflight but it is just an awkward looking tile that slopes into the sea :-

Is there also a chance to change all these rape seed fields dotted around the country, they simply don´t exist and really look awkward.  Please take this as constructive criticism, I really love the scenery.

But where did you find all those??

EDIT: OH i see 8)  8)

Guys we need to pull you up here: lately the expectation with FTX regions is that every single POI and historical monument is respresented in the region but the fact remains that the PRIMARY focus is to depict the region as accurately as possible, not every castle, shrine or monument. Perhaps you need to reset your expectations a tad?

I'd agree with you to a degree that you can't possibly place every desired POI; but roads would be handy for VFR flying; as would rivers.  

This is Gatehouse of Fleet. Why does the river stop? LOL  

9176787637_803afe45df_c.jpg

As somebody who lives in the area, I'd say you did a pretty good job with the scenery (hence some of my enthusiastically posted screenshots), but there are things which are missing and these should be stated.

We're not asking for photographic complexity/detail, but roads should be included (or is that a paid extra? :P ) after all; we don't have that many up here :D

Look forward to the updates.

Cheers

Dom

Sascha has said that he will add the roads, and that is fantastic.

I just pointed out some major tourist attractions I expected.  I would be happy if they could be added.  I just flew the Goshawk from Lossie to Leuchars, through Glencoe, then across the Firth of Forth and through the borders, passed my home village, up the moffat valley and back across the Firth of Forth and in Leuchars, landed with 2 gallons left!  Scenery is stunning at 250ft!  I must also say the military bases look very nice indeed.  Looking forward to some more low level flights, the Goshawk has a great flight model and flies beautifully at 450kts down low.  

Archived