Problem with FTX Central

jasperl

I just bought AU gold together with Tamworth airport/
When opening the exe. I encounter this problem, Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Games\Scenery\World\Texture\002x2lm1.bmp'. I do not know how would this affect me, and im still confused on how to get the scenery to work with FSX.

Is the ORBx folder supposed to be in the FSX folder? If it is, why can't i change the default installation path to the specific folder?

Additional information, below is the error i got.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Games\Scenery\World\Texture\002x2lm1.bmp'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.UpdateDummyLMFiles()

at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment..ctor(FilesBase FilePaths)

at FTXCentral.PublicDefs.InitFTXEnv()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.InitAll()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6400 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FTXCentral

Assembly Version: 1.0.2.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.2.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6402 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

m25epjrl

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.6387 built by: Win8RTM

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

vrkjwaq-

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi there,

all our add-ons get installed into the \Orbx folder within the main FSX directory. If our installer doesn't show the correct path to your FSX directory -- I believe that's what you mean in your first post but I'm not positive -- then there's an issue with your Windows Registry entry for FSX. Our installers rely on that registry entry to determine the location of your FSX main folder. If there's a discrepancy it should be fixed first with one of the available tools; see http://fullterrain.com/support.html#registry or http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library or http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/FSX-Registry-Utility-Download-74741.html

Cheers, Holger

I already tried the registry editor before coming here for support. After which i re installed AusGold but I still get the same error popping out. I appreciate the response. Is there any other way that i may fix the problem? I've already re downloaded the files and tried re installing a couple of times after i used the registry editor.

Hi there,

just to cross-check: the error message remains exactly as you've posted above namely "Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Games\Scenery\World\Texture\002x2lm1.bmp'" ?

If "D:\Games" is your actual FSX main folder then I suppose the registry is OK. In that case try installing the current Orbx Libraries from our support page: https://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs 

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger, I manage to solve the problem by reinstalling my FSX. Now everything is working properly as intended. Just to ask, Are the trees and buildings in AusGold more specifically Tamworth exactly like what it is in real life? Or the trees are just auto generated? I am going to Tamworth itself for training in a few weeks time, and we are taught to visual fly in a flight path determined by landmarks, so thus my question. Great job on the scenery packs by the way.

Gday Jasperl

I worked on the autogen annotations for Tamworth, and can confirm every tree/house is in the correct place within the photoreal area hehe ;) , so you should be able to fly circuits using landmarks, of course outside of the Tamworth photoreal area (still one of the biggest we have ever done) were it reverts to the standard Orbx landclass.. you'll still be able to follow roads..etc

Cheers

Tim

Good day to you Tim. Just one more question. Is there any settings i should set to ensure that there will be no extra autogen trees or buildings and it will be as close as the photoreal as possible? My circuits involves me finding stuffs i can't but can't really seem to find it. My landmarks are small stuffs like row of pine trees, 2 white hangars, a house with swimming pool and etc. 

Well, the product is basically produced from a huge photograph of Tamworth taken from the air, and were there are houses I have placed autogen houses, same deal for trees, water tanks, large sheds, from memory about 35,000 hand placed houses and 250,000 hand placed trees

As for minor landmarks such as the ones you list above I'm not sure, but you already have the product so take a look! 8)

Archived