Do I need better Mesh

Hi guys,

I'm standing by to purchase FTX Scotland, I understand this comes with a 10M Holgemesh as part of the scenery.

My question is; is there a better Mesh product I can buy that will improve on FTX UK Region products (England,Wales,Scotland)

I understand the FTX global has a lower resolution mesh the FTX regions so I appreciate a 3rd party mesh would benefit FTXG, but do I need one for regional scenery too?

Thanks

Gordon H (newbie :D )

Hi Gordon,

I thought only Australia came with Holgermesh, but I may be mistaken.

I used to use FS Genesis, which is comparatively inexpensive, but now use FS Global Ultimate which is pretty good for detail. I can pick out lots of little features, and volcanic necks, with which I'm familiar locally.

I'm looking forward to my mesh clothed with FTX Global, but especially to see my home area in the new Scotland!

Cheers, Jim

Hi Gordon,

I thought only Australia came with Holgermesh, but I may be mistaken.

I used to use FS Genesis, which is comparatively inexpensive, but now use FS Global Ultimate which is pretty good for detail. I can pick out lots of little features, and volcanic necks, with which I'm familiar locally.

I'm looking forward to my mesh clothed with FTX Global, but especially to see my home area in the new Scotland!

Cheers, Jim

Thanks for the reply Jim,

After checking the FTX Scotland details it has a 20M Mesh included with the scenery.

I feel this might not quite be good enough for some of the mountainous regions of our fair wee country.

I was specifically looking at FS Global Ultimate Europe / Africa Edition; quite pricey but it does seem to be the highest quality mesh available for Europe. ( http://secure.simmarket.com/pilots-fsglobal-ultimate-europe_africa.phtml )

Would this be ok to use with FTX UK regions??

Yes. FSG Ultimate EU/Africa would be ideal.

I have all three Ultimates, and no longer have 2010 installed.

As an example, I know of three little volcanic necks, one in the Blane Valley, one at Gartocharn, and one at Largs. All very small hills indeed, yet I can visit all three in FSX, each pretty true to real life, for I've been on top of all of them.

Roll on Orbx Scotland. Although I can visit my house via Horizon's photo scenery, it's rather disappointing to find it flat when you get there! :-)

Jim

Yes. FSG Ultimate EU/Africa would be ideal.

I have all three Ultimates, and no longer have 2010 installed.

As an example, I know of three little volcanic necks, one in the Blane Valley, one at Gartocharn, and one at Largs. All very small hills indeed, yet I can visit all three in FSX, each pretty true to real life, for I've been on top of all of them.

Roll on Orbx Scotland. Although I can visit my house via Horizon's photo scenery, it's rather disappointing to find it flat when you get there! :-)

Jim

I'm in the exact same boat Jim.

I have GenX Scotland North and South installed with treescapes; my dilemma was whether to stick with GenX and buy Scotland Central whenever is finally comes out, or to abandon photoreal scenery and jump on the FTX bandwagon.

GenX looks absolutely smashing from altitude but it does leave you a bit wanting when you're on approach and everything is flat as a tattie scone

Archived