PAVD - Taxi way

GregJ

I am having some mesh related (I think) problems with runway at end of Valdez - (glacier end) the taxiway abruptly turns to grass/dirt and does not loop around to end of runway.

Sorry no screenies at present will try to post.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Greg,

There is no wrap around taxiway at the end of the runway 24 at Valdez per GE.  Our airport is quite accurate. Live Earth shows a taxiway but if you look closely at the GE picture you can see the the taxiway at the end of rwy 24 has been removed (reason unknown).  I suppose you could taxi on the gravel if you wanted to.

Cheers, Neil

post-2447-0-51599000-1372033922_thumb.jp

With regards to both the previous posters... thanks for your follow up - it's always good to see others interest and of course the developers points of view. I hope that this might improve the 'realism' of the airport, b/c in and of itself, the area is stunning. It's a lot of fun to fly around the rugged mountains and follw the coastlines to see what one can... please never stop with the development of great scenery and please also consider the update?

Hi again Greg,

OK, I'll have to show you what I found and why I didn't change the taxiway.  I did look at both the Bing and GE information.  Look closely at the GE picture, 1) It's dated 2013, later than the Bing 2012 info and you can see the outline of the old taxiway with it's flare at the end.  I do try to make the airports as accurate as possible so I thank you for your interest but in this case, for whatever reason that taxiway entry into rwy24 has been removed, maybe to be replaced later? who knows.

Cheers, Neil

post-2447-0-19100400-1372209289_thumb.jp

post-2447-0-50196200-1372209295_thumb.jp

Archived