TBM 850

jaseman007

I'll wait a bit on this bird.  The other forums are "blowing up" over some of the issues with it's "wonderful glass panel".  Interestingly enough, there is a thread right here on Orbx forums with most fliers( including myself) not too fond of glass panels. Still, these FS aircraft developers keep putting them in.  I don't get it......... ???  ???  ???

I will hold off for a few service packs to see what issues get addressed and which don't (hopefully none.) I would also like to see some reviews. I typically don't buy day of release for these reasons. I am really quite disappointed that all the recent Carenado stuff is glass. I wish they would go back to at least some steam. It would be nice and enable some of us with lower spec systems to run their aircraft at more acceptable frame rates. I don't like to takeoff and have immediate stutters and freezing. It is not fun and removes all the immersion.

John

I think the general consensus is "wait and see". There seems to be a few issues with the glass panel and the flight dynamics (people are not achieving the advertised speeds, overheating their engines etc.).

The good news is that according to some posters, the terrible frame rates of past Carenado glass panels seem to be fixed. It also looks gorgeous like all Carenado's releases. Their textures and 3D modelling really push the boundaries with every new release. I just wish their beta testing, flight dynamics and systems modelling was up to the same standards.

Archived