Problems with CAQ5 and Banff

Thaellar243

So I bought FTX Northern Rockies and it so far is a very nice addon. However, at both airports CAQ5 and Banff I have noticed very strange problems that are not present in default FSX (with GEX).

First off, at CAQ5, grass overlaps the runway, which doesn't make much sense.

At Banff, there are no runways. It is just a bumpy field on the side of a highway.

So I bought FTX Northern Rockies and it so far is a very nice addon. However, at both airports CAQ5 and Banff I have noticed very strange problems that are not present in default FSX (with GEX).

First off, at CAQ5, grass overlaps the runway, which doesn't make much sense.

At Banff, there are no runways. It is just a bumpy field on the side of a highway.

BanffAirport02.jpg

The last itme I was at Banff, I saw this. which is pretty much what you described. A bumpy field beside the highway. it is owned by the park  for "emergency and diversionary landings".   ( Quoted from Wikipedia)

Hi Thaellar243,

welcome to Orbx!

As Marvic indicated, Banff airstrip has been decommissioned. Interestingly, Default FSX doesn't only depict it as active but also placed it on the wrong side of the Trans Canada Highway.

As for Nakusp it should look like in these user screenshots:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/36259-nakusp-s-gadget/?hl=nakusp

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/33453-nrm-route/?hl=nakusp

If it doesn't look like that for you then you probably have an interaction/incompatibility with a third-party add-on. Search your HD for .bgl files that have "CAQ5" as part of their names; anything outside the FTX folders and/or without "FTX" in the name could be the culprit.

Cheers, Holger

Thaellar243, here are two screenshots. I don't know what you problem is but I don't see any strange things. Maybe it's your GEX addon.

Peter

06bqy.jpg

CAQ5 Nakusp BC

tFRvm.jpg

CYBA Banff AB

Ah yes Banff....I took my Orbx Banff and added all sorts of small airport stuff, lined it with cones, added some warning lights, buildings and people, vehicles and a couple of effects and presto now it's a very nice little grass strip to land in.

Thanks everyone. Just needed patching which was simple and quick.

Thanks again. This scenery is amazing.

p.s. for those of you wondering what I was seeing at CAQ5, it was grass triangles intruding onto parts of the runway like green shark teeth. Looks great now.

Archived