Corrupt YBBN Download

jonss

I have not been here for some time as I finally admitted my old computer was just not up to ORBX. I now have a new computer which can handle some serious crunching both cpu and gpu. The problem is my YBBN File. I think I've mislaid the rwy.bgl files. I remember having a discussion about it somewhere here, yonks ago with one of the head sharangs. We removed them to test something and they never got back into the program. My bad. Bottom Line. How can I correct this?

Jon

Hi Jon,

go to => ......\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU and delete the FTXAA_YBBN folder

go to => ......\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts and delete scenerylib_AU_YBBN.cfg + orbx_cpl_ybbn.xml

go to => ......\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts and rightclick the FTXConfigurator.exe select run as Administrator, you won't see anything happening as it is a silent application

fire up fsX and check that YBBN is not there anymore, close fsX

re-install FTX AU YBBN ( you can always download the file again from your FSS account )

install from the support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html the patches for YBBN and the latest 130416 library files, make sure to install the library files last

that should do the trick

let us know how you fare

Hi Jon,

go to => ......\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU and delete the FTXAA_YBBN folder

go to => ......\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts and delete scenerylib_AU_YBBN.cfg + orbx_cpl_ybbn.xml

go to => ......\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts and rightclick the FTXConfiguretor.exe select run as Administrator, you won't see anything happening as it is a silent application

fire up fsX and check that YBBN is not there anymore, close fsX

re-install FTX AU YBBN ( you can always download the file again from your FSS account )

install from the support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html the patches for YBBN and the latest 130416 library files, make sure to install the library files last

that should do the trick

let us know how you fare

Thank you Wolter. I did all of that and I now have ORBX YBBN in my system. The last half hour I have been sitting at YBBN (with every box ticked) in the VC of a PMDG 737 800 at 15 fps and I don't care. The developers sure did a good job of YBBN. The reason I'm in such a high load area is, I figure if I can claw back a few fps at YBBN then almost anywhere else will work.

In FSX, every slider is to the right except water which is set at High 2 x and autogen density at very dense. I don't really want to turn much off in YBBN so where should I start to trim back FSX to get the fps above 20?

Jon

It's baaaack. Here's the problem http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/jonss1948/YBBNORBX.jpg and as you can see YBBN loads fine but seems to fail loading taxiways and the runway. Default FSX is fine. I have just reinstalled FSX onto a new HDD and I have installed AU Gold and YBBN as per instructions. It's giving me fits.

Jon

Hi Jon,

sorry to hear that, you have a system way better as I have, so there must be something that's causing this, do you use nVidia Inspector to set your Graphics ?

these are the settings I use and they work  fine for me

nVi1971_320.00.jpg

these are the settings I use for testing all the sceneries:

all sliders maxed out with following exceptions:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

LOD_RADIUS=6.500000

Mesh res.: 5m

Texture res.: 7cm

Water High 2.x

AI 100%

GA Traffic 100%

Road Vehicles 16%

Ships 30%

Graphics set via nVidia Inspector 1.9.7.1

FPS 40 limited in nVidia Inspector

BP=0

nVidia 320.00 Beta drivers

REX Essentials+OD

tweaked Shade

tweaked enb

FTX Lights set to Night

Real Weather

as you can see in my sig I've running my 2600K here on 4,8 GHz since day one

another helpful site is blackviper.com for trimming down all the not needed processes running in the background

attached also find my fsX.cfg hope it can help you sort things out

Wolter_fsXcfg.zip

Your FSX.cfg is quite similar to mine and I do use nVidia Inspector. They only differ in that I use the internal fps limiter(30fps) and have basically set up my system, according to Nick N's Guide plus your Sparse Grid Sampling is higher than mine(2xS). I've used Kosta's Guide, as well but I've only had the system a few weeks and I'm still shaking it and FSX, out. Not to bore you but this system goes like a frog in a sock and is smoother than a rat with a gold tooth. That's at standard voltages. Once I get stability in the system, then I'm going to feed it some volts. I'm wondering if it might be something to do with N2 (?) Memory. I have seen posts where it might be a technology leap for an old program like FSX. So, I gotta check that out too.

The graphic problem persists with YBBN. The first photo in the first post about this shows the default Cessna at YBBN, about to cross the threshold, to cross the runway. There is a total graphics black hole after leaving the airport apron. In the better link, the overhead shots, show the differences between the aprons of both default and the ORBX Airports. Note the line markings are far more pronounced in the default program. Possibly, I'm not pre-swearing everything correctly. I'll keep you informed and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jon

• 8 months later...

My apologies for not finalising this thread previously due, to a long illness. I'm now as enthusiastic as ever to re-enter the flight simming world and over the next week or so will be re-addressing this problem which still seems to persist.

My apologies again for being a pain. What are the steps required for completely expunging the ORBX stuff from my system? It appears I have totally confused myself and my computer by removing FSX as I have migrated to Prepar3d. The configuration I previously used is an ssd as the master drive and a dedicated fsx drive which has been reformatted and now has Prepar3d installed. Upon reinstalling YBBN I find that the YBBN control panel and FTX Aero are on the desktop but no (I can't remember the specific name of the master switching program) way to switch between default scenery and YBBN. The old brain is getting slower.

Jon

Well, I'm a bit red faced. So embarrassing to admit I installed YBBN before I installed any of my other FTX/ORBX sceneries. As I said, it's been a while. FTX Central is now installed and I have the swithing capability. Now to apply all the patches and see whether I have all the .bgl files.

Archived