vid card problem

teecee

I have the Radeon 1900 currently.. and I am having probs seeing some of the textures in the two latest FSX Carenado Cessna's, so I am going to update my card.. not to the top of the range, but to the 8800GTS, which looks like a good card without costing the earth. I have two questions.. firstly, is anyone else using the 1900?,  and if so are you having the same problem as I am with the textures, and secondly, would anyone that has

the 8800GTS give me a quick rundown on what they think of it.. Thanks. Teecee.

I changed my card a few weeks ago & got a 9600 for a bit less than $200. That's about the max I was/am prepared to spend on what is now an aged rig. I can now run FSX SP2 without the menu locking, as it can with some nVidia 7xxx series cards. I have no problems with any Carenado aircraft and can run the HD that Butch & Russ have done, although changing from outside view to the VC panel sometimes looses texture for a split second or two, but with such a HD setup I'm lucky to run it at all ;D. If I fiddle with nhancer the AA works ok on reasonably low to mid settings with most lines looking straight enough. I know you are interested in the 8800 card & I have waffled on about a 9600 but.. ;)

regards

Ian

Thanks Ian.. that is helpful.

I am aware of the 9800, but to be honest, with the economic climate here in the US, pennies count in my house, and the 8800 shows up very well on this benchmark. http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-SP2,780.html

so I think that for now it is the card for me unless someone comes up with a "don't buy this for god's sake" . Teecee.

Archived